Last Day
So today was my last day of work before baby Dixie arrives! It was a super busy day- I had about 20 emails to go through from the 4 day weekend (apparently not everyone took the weekend off!), and then I had several other things that needed to be done before I left, so I ended up working through lunch, and then leaving at 5:30pm.
I’m so glad it was a busy day though. I hate boring, slow days, and since it’s my last day, it would have been super depressing. Instead though I left on a high note, feeling confident in my accounting abilities and satisfied because I was able to tie up all the loose ends before my departure.
I’m kinda sad though, as this feels like the end of an era! I’ve been at this job (in various roles) for 4 years…. That’s a whole year longer than my public accounting days! It feels like home there. Everyone was really nice, sent me well wishes, and told me to leave early because they didn’t want me to go into labor!
There is something so fulfilling about a job well done, and let’s not lie, the paycheck is really nice too. I love that I am at a place in my career that I have experience (6.5yrs!), I have confidence that I’m actually doing it right, and surprise surprise, I can actually answer a lot of questions sent my way from the auditors, managers, and co workers. I’ve become the go to girl in the GL department, and I LOVE that. I’m really going to miss being “good” at something.
I’m a little nervous about being a mom. I mean, I really sucked at swaddling the plastic babies at my newborn care class. I’m probably going to hate breast feeding, and I’ll feel like a failure feeding the baby formula bottles. Plus to top it all off, its going to take a while to loose the baby weight, so in the meantime, I’m going to look and feel like a heffer.
So, wish me luck in my next life adventure. I sure hope I can be as good at the mom thing as I am at the accounting thing. Here’s to the next 3 months of maternity leave!
4 comments:
I'm glad your last day was a gooder, although you are going to be a great mom. Don't you worry lil' lady - Dixie Mae is already the luckiest little girl in the world.
gooooooooooooooooood luck eve. you're gonna be amazing.
Being a Mom is way more rewarding than any accounting job. You will love it and you will be great at it.
Being a mom IS rewarding but I'm not going to lie, it's also hard. And there is no paycheck that will buy you anything. You get paid in snuggles, smiles, kisses and milestones.
Over all I think it's worth it.
You are going to be a great mom. Just remember to allow yourself a learning curve. It takes time to learn.
Post a Comment