Treadmills
Unlike many avid runnings of the world, I love Treadmills. I love them because I know exactly how many minutes & miles I am running, I can adjust the incline as i see fit, and i know my calorie burn. While I hate the smell of the gyms, the noise of the machines, and the grunts from the weirdo's around me... nothing can replace the timer settings of the treadmill.
Well my friends.. I have found a new discovery (new to me)... a Heart Rate Monitor/Watch. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and it has changed my world! Now I can enjoy the beautiful california weather when I run, while still knowing the miles, minutes and calories burned. In Fact... it even has settings for my maxium heart rate and optimum training zone.. so I always know where I am cardiovascularily! For me, a type A, Red Accountant type, these numbers matter. A regular jog in the park doesnt do it for me, as i have no record of my progress.
Goodbye smelly gym with no A/C, Hello nature, fresh air, and sweet sounds of nothing (but my ipod).
XOXO
Eve
4 comments:
Oh Eve, my only athletic, physically fit friend. How I love thee.
So I went out with a buddy of mine tonight, and apparently you aren't the only one that likes (a) working out and (b) treadmills.
I think it is a bit anal retentive of you both. I am just saying.
And anal isn't a bad word!! (my mom used to think I was calling her a bad name when I would say anal ... only b/c dad told her it was slang for something WAY worse! tee hee ... and people wonder why I am insane)
You have ANOTHER friend that works out? Oh my--- where did you meet this person? Have you come over to the other side?
I will never be on the other side. I HATE working out. It seems silly to me to be stuck in a gym, when there are better things to do. Like eat chocolate.
I prefer passive exercise. Like walking everywhere, like I was doing in NYC ... oh NYC. I want to go back.
The lawyer told me to stay put until he gets everything sorted out. So, I will remain in Edmonton for a while longer.
Post a Comment