Monday, September 18, 2006

Terrible Day at Work/Pie Contest

Work has been SOO Stressful lately. There is so much to do, so many demands on my time, and worst of all NO time for teddy and moo's. Why is it that I have to find out about brit's new baby from someone else. And why , or why cant I book Jasper hotel reservations in my down time? BECAUSE THERE IS NO DOWN TIME!!! Gone are the days for 15 minutes breaks.

On a Side note, my work is having a pie baking contest this Thursday. As there are not too may molly homemakers working at Tibco Software (Besides HR of course), Im fairly certain I will have a decent chance at making the top 3. So, if any of you have ideas for a great pie recipe, please let me know asap. I am torn btwn an adventour Tin Roof Pie (chocolate, carmael & cream layers), or a tradiional Dutch Apple pie. Please submit your vote on what you think will win-

1) Dutch Apple Pie
2) Tin Roof Pie

4 comments:

iris said...

I vote for the Tin Roof one. You gotta knock their socks off.

Betina said...

I think the Dutch Apple has a better chance, it's a classic and I think it would go over well.

Anonymous said...

Whichever you choose Eve, THIS is the crust recipe you need to use. More time consuming than a, dare i even say the word...STOREBOUGHT pie crust, but sooo good.

2 cups flour
1 cup shortening
4 tbsp ice cold water(this is key!)
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 egg yolk

Mix flour and shortening with a pastry cutter until pea like crumbs, then add in H20, yolk and vinegar. Put in fridge for a bit if you're having trouble with stickiness, and be very generous with the sprinkling of the flour on your counter.

I made a saskatoon berry pie, very Canadian, for Lukas' family with this, and everyone freakin loved it.

Patience said...

I didn't even see this post! You're just posting too many too fast! I would have voted for tin roof. i'm a sucker for chocolate.