Wednesday, March 07, 2012

M*O*T*I*V*A*T*I*O*N

Lately I've been wondering what has happened to the motivation I had in my twenties. In my twenties I would wake up at 5:30am every weekday for a 6am work out before work. Then I would work for 10-14 hours, and I'd get home and eat a healthy dinner. Steamed veggies, bocca burgers and lots of broccolis. I rarely ate sweets, or chocolate (my weakness). I would have double workouts on the weekends, and usually do something active like mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding or running the dish. On top of all that, I would also do various half marathon's and sprint tri's just for the fun of it.

Fast forward to my thirties (I'm 31)...... what the hell has happened to my motiviation? I look at my facebook profile, and its like I was a different person back then with all of these fun interests that I honestly havent done in years. Seriously, I am a stay at home mom at the moment, and I cant seem to motivate myself to get on my treadmill or elliptical, both of which reside in my basement, so It's not like I even have to leave the house to get there.

Plus, I'd way rather eat mcdonalds fry's and a diet coke then cook up broccoli. And a big old bag of M&M's will be gone in a week.

I need the find the motivation of my twenties. It is lost, deep down somewhere inside of me. Can someone lend me a shovel so I can dig it up? I am a blog stalker of this girl Jenna that was in my old ward. She has 3 kids all 18 months apart, and she is one hot motivated mama. I need me some of that.

Check her out; http://crandalls.blogspot.com/

XO
Eve

8 comments:

Molly said...

Ha! Yes. Jenna is a different breed. But then again so were you. I remember you would totally sign up for half marathons and triathlons at the last minute and then smoke the competition. I was always impressed. I think you need to remember that both your girls are quite demanding. They may end up being the EASIEST kids and teenagers, but they are giving you a run for your money right now. AND you're a single mom 4 or 5 days out of every 10, right? Give yourself a break. I'm tired all the time now and need peer pressure in order to get out and exercise. I think we'll get some of our energy back when they are a bit older.

Betina said...

Life changes and so do we. You may not find the same movitations you had, but you will find different motivators. Sometimes I think with age we become more accepting of ourselves, so the intense push to BE more and DO more and LOOK better and RUN faster just to prove ourselves well... it is gone. And we're better for it. You'll get back into the exercizing groove, I am sure of it. Remember: You just barely had your first full nights sleep in 9 months! But don't worry about becoming the same person you were before. Age improves everything!

Anonymous said...

I love being a blog stocker! I do it all the time to your sisters and Iris, whom I wished would write more blogs! Your motivation will return, maybe in different facets, but it will come back!! Don't worry I still love you!!(for what it's worth). And hey if it makes you feel better I lost my motivation when I was 18!! Love to you all!! Danielle
PS you are so lucky to have Betina she is so wise, and is a fantasic and poigant writer!

Patience said...

yea, don't be so hard on yourself. perhaps you need me to be there because you need to wake me up to go exercise? ahhh, such fun that was! i do think exercise buddies are important. or a contest- like love pudge. once i have this baby i wanna start it up again.

Betina said...

I need me some love pudge. But not with WW. I have no faith in that program anymore.

Betina said...

Danielle... I will blog more. sorry.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I love this post. I'm not even motivated to own a treadmill so how do you like that. In fact I was eating oreos as I read your blog. LOL. You aren't alone Eve...not at all alone.

Lindsey Heath said...

Eve, if you find that motivation, please tell me how you found it. I am in the exact same boat and just have had such a hard time getting going!It is weird cuz I know I will feel better when I do....