Home & Garden Show
Well, today was a fan-freakin-tastic day in mommy land. The sun was shining, it was a perfect 72 degrees outside (we played outside for literally hours), and I went to the home and garden show with one of my dearest friends Marjie!
We were out for breakfast at Kneaders this morning (My new favorite home grown Utah eatery, i seriously like it better than cafe rio, no joke), and she mentioned that she was going. I was like, "No way, I SOOO want to go!", she said "Come, I have an extra ticket", so later in the afternoon I packed up the kiddos and off we went. This is the first time I've ventured to a non kid venue with the girls, and you know what, they did just fine.
Anyhoo, all my dreams came true when I saw the tupperware booth! I've wanted my very own tupperware ever since I got married, but I've never known a tupperware rep, and it isnt sold in stores. I almost peed my pants with excitment. I ditched my kids with Ms. Marjie and headed staight to the sales lady. I just started picking up the items, asking a million questions, and dont you know, $100 later I was on my way. I got a few things that I remember my mom had growing up, the meat marinde container, the big juice jug, and then i got something she would just die to have today, a microwave pasta cooker! My mom LOVES microwave cooking, and owns several microwave cook books to prove it. I'll have to hide it the next time she visits, or it just might end up in her retro 50's suitcase back to Canada, ha! (just kidding mom). My last purchase was a veggie chopper. I just chopped my first zucchini tonight and it was divine. I cant wait to try an onion. If I can never dice an onion again, I will be one happy lady.
So I told the lady that I'd love to host a tupperware party. I need to spread the joy I felt today. Im sure there are plenty of thirty somethings out there that grew up with moms using tupperware that haven't found it since. I might even become a rep for it if all goes well... afterall isn't that what mom's in Utah do, ha!
Here are my purchases. And no seany-sean, I know this was not in the budget this month, and our "miscellaneous" envelope is definitely in the red. Time to pick up some more overtime sweetie :).
XOXO
Eve



2 comments:
i love things that make cooking fun and easy. and i love how much you love tupperware :)!
Wendy took me to Kneaders last year. UN freaking REAL!!!!!Go have some french toast for me:)!!!!
Post a Comment