Thursday, March 01, 2012

Little Lucy is 9 months

How is it even possible that my little baby lulu came out of my tummy 9 months ago? She has grown so much. I’m interested to see how much she weighs at her 9 month appointment.


update- ok so big surprise here... My baby girl has went down in percentiles for both height and weight. Shes been measuring 95% for both from 0-6 months. Now at her 9 month appt she is 52%weight & 33% height. (She's 18.25lbs & 27.25 inches tall). I had the doctor double check to be sure. He wasn't concerned about it though, so I guess I'm not either. Kinda weird though.

This is what she’s been up to;

She loves to take whatever toy Dixie is playing with, because they are oh so much more appealing that her own “baby toys”. Dixie is often squealing “LUCCCYYYY NOOOOO”.

She is on the verge of crawling, but not there yet. She really really wants to crawl. She gets up in crawl position, rocks her body back and forth, but then she just face plants in the floor instead of moving forward. She’ll get it one of these days though, Im not worried.

Lucy is very tactile, and always wants to be playing with something. Paper, plastic, toys, food, mommy’s hair, you name it, those hands have got to be occupied.

Lucy is FINALLY sleeping through the night! This is big! It only took about 3 nights of letting her cry it out and now shes sleeping from 7pm-6am. It was really more a matter of me being ready to let Lucy cry it out. Im sure she could have been sleep trained earlier, but i just wasnt ready. Now maybe i can start to focus on getting back in shape since I will be getting some uninterrupted sleep, yahooo!!!!

Lucy Loves solid food. She usually eats more than Dixie does at a meal… but this might be because Dixie is constantly snacking, so she’s really not all that hungry at meal time. Lucy loves pasta, fish, bread, strawberries, oranges, and milk. Cows milk. Horrible I know…since shes not a year old yet. But she hates formula, rice milk & soy milk, and I just cannot breastfeed all the live long day to quench her thirst. I’m so over breastfeeding at this point, and cannot wait for it to end already!

Lucy loves to laugh. Dixie is always making lucy laugh. Its adorable to see them interact and play together. It warms my mommy heart.

Finally, Lucy got her first tooth! Bottom left, so adorable to see her grinning with her very first tooth.


Happy 9 months baby girl. You are my cutie pie and I love you lots and lots and lots~


love, mommy.
















No comments: