Tuesday, July 26, 2011

S*A*H*M

Just as I thought to myself, "Self, I think you're getting the hang of this" (in regards to staying at home and caring for 2 babies under 2), Dixie went and tumbled down the cement stairs in my apartment complex. I had Lucy strapped to me in the bjorn, so while I was able to get to her quickly, i could not physically carry her down the stairs, so i had a nice man do it for me, as Dixie cried bloody murder.

It's totally my fault she fell. I am always so careful with her, but tonight, i let my guard down. This other chatty neighbor, whom I dont know well enough to leave mid sentence was talking my ear off. You know the type... you cant seem to get a word in?? Well, I did my best to keep Dixie in sight while also listening to Mr. Chatty Kathy complain about the new apartment manger. I got nervous when she went for the stairs, but in an effort not to be rude to my chatty neighbor, I let him continue talking while I ignored my baby girl, ulgh. Then she fell and screamed, and my heart dropped. There was another neighbor (a daddy type) nearer to the stairs than I was, and he got there before me and scooped her up.

The good news is that she is fine. Its just cosmetic as she only fell down 1 stair, but they are concrete stairs, so had she really taken a tumble down the staircase, she would have gotten really really hurt. So, lesson learned-- My babies are far more important than my chatty neighbor's feelings, and I will be rude next time and leave mid conversation to stop my baby girl from danger. Im so sorry miss dixie, and Im so glad you're ok. I love you. XOXO

No comments: