Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lucy's 6 week birthday

Today Lucy is 6 weeks old! I wish i could tell you how much she weighs now... shes a solid girl. Lots of chub on her thighs that i just love to kiss! Shes a little different than Dixie was at this age... here are the highlights

Lucy LOVEs her mommy a lot. She really doesn't like to be held by anyone else. She has only recently warmed up to daddy, but even he can hold her for 5-10 minutes tops before she wants her mommy again.

Lucy will not sleep in her bassinet. She simply Refuses. She'll be sleeping soundly in my arms for a good half hour, then the minute i set her down in the bassinet she abruptly wakes up and screams in protest. This has lead to many nights of me and Lucy in my bed and sean on the floor. (he prefers the floor over the couch). Im really not a fan of "family beds", but im just doing what i need to do to get some sleep myself. Plus I dont mind cuddling her all night long...

Lucy Loves the outside air and bathtime. When shes being fusy, I just take a little walk outside and she calms right down and stares up at the trees. She must like the shadows that they make. She also calms right down in the bath. Dixie used to scream when we bathed her and Lucy is the complete opposite. Sometimes If dixie is in bed and i need a little break, I'll put lucy in the tub for a good 20 minutes just so i can sit and stare :)

Lucy eats pretty much all day long. Its hard to keep up with this girl's appetite. My mom has suggested that I supplement with Formula, and I've tried, believe me. She took a bottle once, and since then she just refuses. I've even had my good friend who is an OT specializing in infant feeding try and she wont take a bottle from her either. But, we'll just keep on trying because this mommy needs a break!

Well, i think the hardest part of baby bootcamp is over now. Im really hoping for some longer sleeping stretches and more smiles :)

No comments: