Hallelujah, my hair color is finally back to normal! In fact, it’s even better than normal, as I am blonder than ever before! This last year has been a very bad hair year for me. This was a year of transition from Bright Red/Violet back to cool Blonde. It was a hard journey… one that I don’t recommend to anyone.
BEFORE
AFTER
Timeline-
March 2008: I first colored my Hair Bright Violet Red while attending Hairschool. I THOUGHT it was a good idea at the time. It looked super fierce… but I had to refresh it every 3 weeks to keep it bright red, as it faded fast. But my plan was to go work in a Salon upon graduation, and I wanted to look the part for job interviews.
Aug 2008: My last time coloring my hair bright Red. I decided to go back to work in accounting- (that’s right, I sold my soul to corporate America). This would be my last Red Color Job, as it just doesn’t fit in with the corporate setting like it does in a salon.
Nov 2008: I have noticeably blonde roots w/ dull Red hair. I chop about 6 inches of red off. I also book an appointment with the master colorist for color correction, but I find out it’s going to be like $400, so I immediately cancel and weight my options.
Feb 2009: I can no longer handle the dull red w/Blonde roots- I go to a less expensive salon in SF for “color correction”. My hair ends up Orange. I was going to go immediately back to get it re- done, but my hair was in such a fragile state that I decided to live with it and let it grow out for a month or so before attempting color again.
April 2009: I really really want to go back to the salon, but I am in my first trimester, so I opt to wait it out until 2nd trimester, when the pregnancy is not such a fragile state. This baby had better be worth the wait!
July 2009: I am DYING to get my hair done immediately, so I go to a spa in San Jose where I normally just get waxed, and I am randomly assigned to an open stylist. I was nervous going to someone new without a recommendation, but like I said, I am DYING! The girl (Kate) ends up doing a fantastic job. I haven’t been this happy with my hair in ages, and I finally feel like me again. ( I never felt like myself as a redhead-it was just too edgy for me). I immediately rebook with her for a cut in Aug. Yippeee, I’ve found a new stylist that does not charge me a fortune!
Moral of the story: Don’t ever color your hair bright red if you are a natural blonde. Just don’t. It’s so not worth it. You can do some peak-a-boos of red if you must, but steer clear of the all-over red. It will save you 12 months of heartache and pain in the transition phase. Blondes have way more fun anyways!
1 comment:
We do have a lot more fun don't we? I just know I have more fun the Nunu just by looking at her hair colour. Hee hee.
Post a Comment