
** This is a coupon code for the gap online***
Maternity Clothes-
So I've been slowly buying maternity clothes over the past few months. I started at 10 weeks, and although I wasnt showing then, my regular Express Editors that I wear for work virtually every day (i have several pairs) no longer buttoned up. Rather than buy a larger "normal" size, I decided to just jump straight to maternity, as they would fit me the rest of the pregnancy, an not just for another month. I started at Valley fair mall and went to Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in a Pod, Old Navy and the Gap.
Motherhood Maternity Sucked. Everything was cheaply made, had WAY to many patterns, and just looked like dowdy "mom" clothes. Plus when i put them on, i truely looked pregnant...and Im trying to disguise people. I only spend about 1/2 in there and left empty handed. C-
The Gap in store had a very small selection. The stuff they had there was ok, but there just wasnt enough to choose from, so again, i left empty handed. B-
A Pea in A Pod had a ton of cute stuff. Designer maternity jeans, awesome tops, wraps, belly creams you name it- they have it. It was all high quality- but very very expensive. As this was my only success of the day, i spent a little more than i should have, but it made me feel good so whatever. I got a pair of jeans, a pair of black work pants (that i've been wearing everyday since), 2 shirts and belly cream that is supposed to prevent stretch marks (we'll see about that in coming months). Overall, great success, nice stuff, but expensive. A-
Old Navy in store had a larger selection than the Gap... however, as Im really not an Old Navy fan in the first place, I didnt find anything I liked. They cut their clothes really large, and nothing fits properly. That said, i did buy a few regular sized Large T-shirts, and they are pretty awesome. I love Old Navy T's, but the maternity clothes are so-so at best. B
Target- Target's selection really sucks. I was sadly dissappointed bc I am a big fan of Target's young adult women's section (mossimo & Xileration). I always get several tops, bathing suits, and tanks from Target- so i expected more from the maternity section. They have like 2 racks of clothes and its all pretty dowdy. C
Nordstroms in store- Doesnt even have a maternity section so dont try. How can such a huge department store that caters to the rich palo alto moms that lunch not have a maternity section?? D-
Since visiting the mall stores, I've jumped on-line- and have had much more success, as the selection is far superiour to the mall stores.
Old Navy Online- Huge selection of stuff at great prices. Again, Im weary of buying anything Old Navy, bc it never fits my shoulders right, but i did get a cute Maternity tankini Top for like $12 that is really cute. There is absolutely ZERO breast support though, and i find this funny bc hello people, maternity boobs are like 4 times the size of normal boobs. but i guess that is what you get for 12 bucks. B
Nordstroms Online- Huge selection of stuff, but nothing is on sale, thus you are forced to pay full price, which at norstroms is usually too much. But if you're looking for a nice dress for a wedding or something like that, this is the place to go. Lots of designer brands, nothing looks like "mom clothes", its all pretty chic. I havent actually ordered anything from them, as I just cant pay that much for clothes that will only last me another 4 months. B
The Gap OnLine- Ok so I've saved the best for last. I absolutely LOVE GAP ONLINE MATERNITY. They have a huge selection, there is a ton of stuff on sale, the prices are reasonable, and I can order with confidence bc the sizing is the same as your pre-pregnancy gap size, and the quality is decent. I've ordered several tops that are all cute, more black work pants and a pair of maternity jeans. One caveat on the jeans- I've never really been a fan of Gap jeans as there is not enough "wear" in the pants- ie fading ect. But they were cheap, they fit well, and I guess i can take some sand paper to them to give them the worn in look that expensive designer jeans already have. I've definatly had the most success at GAP online, and Since i dont have to try them on at the store, i dont feel all big and fat in their oversized mirrors. A+.
If you need any maternity clothes shopping advice- just ask me. I've done my research and I feel like an expert. Oh and in case you're wondering, Nike, Speedo & TYR DONT make a "Sport Maternity Racing Suit". Speedo has a couple of "casual wear" maternity suits--- but why would you pay $80 for a casual wear suit?? So if you're looking for a maternity racing swimsuit... just buy a size 40- its working out pretty well for me thus far.
XOXOo
Eve
So I've been slowly buying maternity clothes over the past few months. I started at 10 weeks, and although I wasnt showing then, my regular Express Editors that I wear for work virtually every day (i have several pairs) no longer buttoned up. Rather than buy a larger "normal" size, I decided to just jump straight to maternity, as they would fit me the rest of the pregnancy, an not just for another month. I started at Valley fair mall and went to Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in a Pod, Old Navy and the Gap.
Motherhood Maternity Sucked. Everything was cheaply made, had WAY to many patterns, and just looked like dowdy "mom" clothes. Plus when i put them on, i truely looked pregnant...and Im trying to disguise people. I only spend about 1/2 in there and left empty handed. C-
The Gap in store had a very small selection. The stuff they had there was ok, but there just wasnt enough to choose from, so again, i left empty handed. B-
A Pea in A Pod had a ton of cute stuff. Designer maternity jeans, awesome tops, wraps, belly creams you name it- they have it. It was all high quality- but very very expensive. As this was my only success of the day, i spent a little more than i should have, but it made me feel good so whatever. I got a pair of jeans, a pair of black work pants (that i've been wearing everyday since), 2 shirts and belly cream that is supposed to prevent stretch marks (we'll see about that in coming months). Overall, great success, nice stuff, but expensive. A-
Old Navy in store had a larger selection than the Gap... however, as Im really not an Old Navy fan in the first place, I didnt find anything I liked. They cut their clothes really large, and nothing fits properly. That said, i did buy a few regular sized Large T-shirts, and they are pretty awesome. I love Old Navy T's, but the maternity clothes are so-so at best. B
Target- Target's selection really sucks. I was sadly dissappointed bc I am a big fan of Target's young adult women's section (mossimo & Xileration). I always get several tops, bathing suits, and tanks from Target- so i expected more from the maternity section. They have like 2 racks of clothes and its all pretty dowdy. C
Nordstroms in store- Doesnt even have a maternity section so dont try. How can such a huge department store that caters to the rich palo alto moms that lunch not have a maternity section?? D-
Since visiting the mall stores, I've jumped on-line- and have had much more success, as the selection is far superiour to the mall stores.
Old Navy Online- Huge selection of stuff at great prices. Again, Im weary of buying anything Old Navy, bc it never fits my shoulders right, but i did get a cute Maternity tankini Top for like $12 that is really cute. There is absolutely ZERO breast support though, and i find this funny bc hello people, maternity boobs are like 4 times the size of normal boobs. but i guess that is what you get for 12 bucks. B
Nordstroms Online- Huge selection of stuff, but nothing is on sale, thus you are forced to pay full price, which at norstroms is usually too much. But if you're looking for a nice dress for a wedding or something like that, this is the place to go. Lots of designer brands, nothing looks like "mom clothes", its all pretty chic. I havent actually ordered anything from them, as I just cant pay that much for clothes that will only last me another 4 months. B
The Gap OnLine- Ok so I've saved the best for last. I absolutely LOVE GAP ONLINE MATERNITY. They have a huge selection, there is a ton of stuff on sale, the prices are reasonable, and I can order with confidence bc the sizing is the same as your pre-pregnancy gap size, and the quality is decent. I've ordered several tops that are all cute, more black work pants and a pair of maternity jeans. One caveat on the jeans- I've never really been a fan of Gap jeans as there is not enough "wear" in the pants- ie fading ect. But they were cheap, they fit well, and I guess i can take some sand paper to them to give them the worn in look that expensive designer jeans already have. I've definatly had the most success at GAP online, and Since i dont have to try them on at the store, i dont feel all big and fat in their oversized mirrors. A+.
If you need any maternity clothes shopping advice- just ask me. I've done my research and I feel like an expert. Oh and in case you're wondering, Nike, Speedo & TYR DONT make a "Sport Maternity Racing Suit". Speedo has a couple of "casual wear" maternity suits--- but why would you pay $80 for a casual wear suit?? So if you're looking for a maternity racing swimsuit... just buy a size 40- its working out pretty well for me thus far.
XOXOo
Eve
2 comments:
Agreed. I'm not a huge Old Navy person to begin with and their selection was small. I did find one pair of cute pants (not jeans--those were hideous). Wasn't willing to spend the $$ at Pea in a Pod. Found very very cute jeans at Motherhood but didn't buy anything else--was only looking for jeans. Got one thing from Gap--very small selection. And I'm not willing to buy things online because I never end up liking how they look when they get here. :(
So I'm sticking with my 2 pairs of jeans from Motherhood, 1 pair of pants from Old Nave, 1 pair of shorts from Gap, and a bunch of non-maternity shirts I've gotten from a number of places.
Oh, and bikinis for swimming laps. I might just start wearing a sports bra with a bikini bottom. Casual wear bikini tops aren't comfortable when swimming laps.
How was that for a long comment? :)
Eve I love this post! You are such a good researcher. Gap online, who would have ever thought? xoxo
Post a Comment