Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My VW Jetta- betty


Over the past 3 years I have relied on my little white jetta to take me places, primarily to work, to the mall, to the airport and on road trips to Utah & LA. It has traveled many hours, and thousands of miles in this pursuit. It has conquered freeways all over the US, moving me and my meager belongings from Slave Lake to California via highway 1 & I-15. After this long journey, it bravely mastered the 280, 101, 85, 237, 880 and many more bay area expressways. I have great love for my little Jetta. Its Cute, it gets good gas mileage, it has a nice CD player, it’s big enough to haul groceries, but small enough to fit into any parking spot, anywhere. It has a sunroof and a bad looking bad interior with chrome trim. It’s a sexy, girl next door kind of car.

Like any girl, my Jetta is not perfect-- and its sexiness does come with a cost. It’s had a new transmission, new A/C, and various other repairs, (luckily the tranny was covered by warranty). Yes, my Jetta has served me well over these 3 years.

On to a new mode of commuting though- last weekend I bought myself a road bike. You see, my new job is 6 miles from my apartment, and all along the way, there are numerous bikers traversing the roads. The past 4 months I have said to myself, I want to do that! I look at them in envy, as they are not only saving $ & the environment, but they all have sexy, cut up calves and quads. So I finally did it-- I got a bike Yippee!!! Today was my very first ride to work, and it took T-minus 20 minutes plus changing time. I thought it would take a lot longer, but it was quick and relatively painless. Hopefully from now on, I will interchange my Jetta and my new road bike to take me where I need to be.

XOXO

Eve

1 comment:

iris said...

eve, i love that we both are bloggers. we are such nerds!!! who would have thought the two coolest sl'ers out there would be internet geeks? haha. i love reading your west coast blog after writing my east coast one. we will take over this country!

i

PS while I have no issue taking over this country, I will NEVER become an American. GO CANADA!!!