Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Ahh, Sweet Release..
Why is is that harmandeep's legs were not sore after our 18 mile, vertical hike- yet my legs are still sore, my back is aching and its been 4 days ! I've been hobbling around at work, avoiding the stairs at all costs and really just sitting in my office using the phone, rather than getting up to interrogate people in person (as a good auditor should do).
The injustice in it all is that I am in relatively good shape. I have worked out consistently since grade school. I won best female athlete 3 yrs in a row, I was on the skipping team, swim team, volleyball team, and heck, I even tried out for cheerleading, even though I was far to large and boyish to have a hope in making it (thats another story). These days, I exercise 5 times a week and have a resting heart beat of 48 beats per minute.
Harmandeep, on the other hand, has worked out a total of 10 times since I've known her (which is 3 years and 12 days...since my first day of work in California). She eats whatever she pleases, and still looks like J-Lo. Sean and I were sure that she should have been comatose for a week after we saw her at the top of that mountain, but no, she was stock full of energy and not the least bit sore the very next day. What am i missing here? She has always said that she is built like a rock, and now i surely believe it.
What then you might ask, is my "sweet release"? Well my friends, it is Yoga. I just finished my favorite DVD- Bryan Kest- he is the greatest. While the thought of Yoga makes me tired & bored, I always feel so great and energized afterwards, and best of all, it has worked out all of my knotted muscles and crampy calves. Thank goodness. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with Harmandeep tomorrow.
XOXO
Eve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i need to get that dvd. i will google it. thanks! i think harmondeep was so motivated by the thought of that handbag that all the atp she would have built up in her muscles just got burned up by the extra brain activity used to envision all the ways she would carry the new bag. Next time tell Sean to get you an expensive handbag as a reward. That or a baby from China. Remember that bag we saw in Vegas that was $20 grand. That is RIDICULOUS.
I think that you are exercising way too much. The only good reason I can think of to run is if you are being chased by a bear. Although, I do yoga too, because Abby likes it so much. I really need to get a prenatal DVD though, because some of the poses are really killing me these days.
Post a Comment