Monday, June 26, 2006

California Summer Fun


I love California in the summertime! The weather is fantastic, and there is sooo much to do, especially in the bay area. Here is a little recap of our weekend-

On Friday night we went out for dinner with 2 other couples who work with Sean. We went to this great little place, Max's Opera Cafe- its menu & portions are as big as cheesecake factory, and they serve yummy hot little raisin biscuits at the beginning of your meal. Yum.... I love raisins. I love going out with Sean’s work buddies, bc they have the best stories to tell. There is nothing like the story of a good foot pursuit, drug bust or cranked up prisoner. Nothing like my job at all.

On Saturday morning we woke up early, like 7:30am- very early for a Saturday. We had one goal in mind- get out of the house and on the road to Santa Cruz Mountains by 8am. We almost made it,,, we were out of the house by 8:16am. I had to cheerlead Sean into waking up... as he is a really terrible morning person, unlike me, (I usually bound out of bed, especially when it’s to the promise of a fun filled day).

Mountain Biking was especially awesome! We made it up the mountain as fast as we ever have- we did the whole ride in 2 hrs flat, nice! I love mountain biking. It such a great adrenaline rush, lots of fun and a great workout at the same time. I took a 2 day mountain biking course in May, and since then, I have a lot more confidence and have been able to try more technical rides without peeing my pants with fear. Don't get me wrong- the down hill single tracks are still scary.. But now I know that my bike was built to handle it.

We finished our ride at 11am, and were home by noon. Ahhh---- I love Saturdays. We watched an episode of Law & Order SVU, ate some subway and baked yummy chocolate chip cookies. I have got the BEST cookie recipe. For all my sisters, be excited... I will distribute this recipe this Christmas during our annual recipe exchange!

After eating we put on our suits, slathered on the sunscreen and frolicked in the pool for an hour and a half. Well, I frolicked while Seany Sean laid in the sun and baked himself crispy. He seems to think that this is the way to achieve a nice golden tan, but instead, he has just moved one step closer to skin cancer. I am a big proponent of SPF 30, big sunglasses and a hat. There is nothing like a wrinkly leather face by the time you are 40 to turn you on to skin protection.

We finished off the day with our favorite kind of date, dinner and a movie. We saw the new Adam Sandaler flick- "Click". While I love Adam Sandler, and think he is the cutest little comic out there, the movie sucked, so don’t waste your money. After the show we headed to our favorite Mexican joint, Chilopote... yum yum. It is our California substitute for Cafe Rio. While I love the Rio, Chilopte is a fierce competitor. Winning a little more of my heart with every bite.

Sunday was boring. We were late for church, as usual. You'd think that bc there are only 2 of us, and we live 5 minutes away we would get there on time. But no, without fail, we're late every week and end up sitting in the overflow room with the hard plastic chairs and crying babies. I guess it is our punishment for being late. At least back there we can nod off without fear of insulting the speaker, as we're so far back they can’t see us anyways.

Sunday night we went to Sandra's house for Dinner. We LOVE hanging out with Angel and Sandra.. They are some of the coolest peeps out there. Angel is Sean’s best friend from childhood, and Sandra, his girlfriend is a super cool fellow Albertan. Go Canada. She is also an amazing cook, and we left, 3 1/2 hrs later stuffed full.


Well, that’s about it--Just another fun filled weekend in the life of Sean & Eve.

XOXO

Eve & Sean

No comments: