Worst Day Ever!
I've had quite possibly the worst day ever! Even worse then 2 weeks ago, when my car broke down in the middle of lunch hour traffic on el camino and my phone went dead at the exact same time, while on my way to meet liz for lunch... yes its WORSE than that people!!
Heres what it included:
1) An 8 hour training session at work, stuck in a conference room all day with no email, no phone, and uncomfortable chair and no where to put my swelling feet up. It felt like an extended version of church... well maybe a little better because at least it was catered. I have Adult A.D.D. and I really do not do well at these all day trainings. I think they are counter productive, and I think that one really cannot learn for more than 1 hr stetches. Plus NO EMAIL... can you imagine the agony??
2) After my eight hour training session I had to go back to work to do a 7:30pm webex with our accounting staff in India. So, inbetween the end of my regular work day and my India call I decided to go walk the stanford dish to get some exercise (see #5 below) . Well, people when i started out it was sprinkling rain. But i thought, what the heck , i am a trouper and I LOVE the rain. The rain got progressively worse as i proceeded up the large hills, but it was too late to turn back. I was completely soaked by the end, including my feet. There is nothing worse than wet feet in squishy wet sneakers.
3) Now Im back at work, waiting for my Call to India to start. WAITING. i hate WAITING. And then once it does start, i have to teach the people on the other end of the phone how to run a new software application that my company is implementing. I am not a good teacher, and i am not patient in the least bit. (just ask my sister patience, she will confirm this), so you can imagine that this is not my favorite activity.
4) I'm wet and starving, and there is no food in sight for me until my 2nd shift ends and I get to go home
and finally, this is the kicker...
5) today during the training session a male manager who i've talked to maybe twice in my life says to me "so when is your due date?", to which i reply "December 11". and His response is " Wow, you look like you're due already!". I glared at him with my very best evil eyes and gave him a sarcastic "Thanks", and quickly turned around and walked away. The only good thing is that i could hear the ladies that were sitting beside him say " That was not the right thing to say". Gawd... some men are such idiots.
Now I have to go and cry myself to sleep.... but only after i train the India employees and have something to eat.
I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!
Eve
6 comments:
Booo. Yes, I confirm your impatience ;). There is no way tomorrow could be worse, so perhaps take solace in that?
oh wow eve. hugs. what an awful day. bleh.
so great seeing you. i think you look amazing. :)
I am just thinking about you all wet walking around the dish. Haha. Oops i mean you poor thing. P.s Did you realize it took us 1.5 hours to to do it on Sunday. We love to talk!
Man oh man. You deserve some of that gelato from the grocery store next to your apt. Lots of it!
I can't believe you got rained on like that. That's not fun. I agree...trainings are usually a waste. Can't wait til your baby shower!
EVE! I just read this. I'm sorry my dear. I hope your days have been better since.
xoxo
Post a Comment