Wednesday, September 30, 2009

D.I.N.K.S

Holy Moley... Only 38 Work days of Left until maternity Leave on Nov 30!!

Sean and I joke that these are the days of bounty, you know because we are
"D-I-N-K-S"- double income no kids. I'm quite sad that this phase of our lives will be over soon... its been quite fun! I remember making my first purchase once I landed my first real job after BYU. I bought myself a $50 armband radio for exercising, and since i had a $25 gift certificate, it really only cost me $25. I remember feeling so free when i bought it... i had my very own money, no strings attached! I felt like an adult for the very first time, and it was exhilerating. I love being financilly independent, knowing that if something ever happened, i can support myself.

This child had better be worth loosing my independance. So Long Disposable income, hello disposable diapers, sleepless nights, and an Ulgh... Budget.

Dont get me wrong though we are both very excited for Dixie's arrival. A new phase of life, a new adventure, a new challenge to concur.

2 comments:

Betina said...

oopportunity cost, right?

Dixie is already worth it. I promise!

Terry said...

Michelle and I are excited!!!!