Monday, March 05, 2007

Wardrobe Choices

Early morning phone call with my sister betina

Eve: “Whats Eden Wearing today”

Betina: “ A jean skirt and tights…. I let her pick out her own clothes today”

Eve: “I let Sean pick out his own clothes everyday… at least since I’ve re-vamped his wardrobe. I figure, as long as I bought it, its ok for him to wear”

Betina: “So you’ve purchased ALL of Sean’s clothes”

Eve: “Yup- everything except some old church clothes and workout wear”


When I first met Sean, he was a fashion disaster. His wardrobe consisted of baggy old man corduroys, a plethora of plaid shirts, ulgy brown old man shoes and a really 80’s haircut, shaved bald to his ears & kept long & compeltely gelled to the back of his head. His hair looked like a cross between a Mexican gangster and John Travolta in Greese.

In the beginning I could never figure out if I was attracted to him. Whenever we were doing something active, and he was in shorts, t-shirt and a baseball hat, I thought he was totally cute. But then we’d go out to dinner, he’d “dress-up” and he looked like a completely different (not-so-cute) person. I could not figure out what it was, or if I was even attracted to him, however, he was the nicest guy I had ever dated, and I wasn’t willing to drop him just bc he looked like 1985. Then it dawned on me… before I would know if he was the “one”, he would have to give the man a makeover.

I started out slowly, buying him a nice banana republic knit shirt for his birthday (Oct), then we went to the Gilroy outlets together and got him cool puma sweats and sneakers (Nov). Then in December, we went to Utah together to meet my sister, friends and the Litchy’s. We went to a really trendy salon for a haircut, and then went shopping for flattering jeans and a sweater. Only then was I ready to introduce him to my world of people! But let me tell you, the transformation was amazing and he turned into a babe.

Sean jokes now that god kept him ugly to keep him single until I came around. His Valentine’s day card to me was bring pink with a crown on the front. The inside said “Before I met you, I was a frog”. It was really funny & cute- we both had a good laugh.

So, moral of the story to all you single guys and gals- don’t judge a book by its cover. Clothing, and hair can be changed to suit your preferences… but its really whats inside that counts :)

XOXO
Eve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try dressing Shawn all the time he gets upset and asks "don't you like what i'm wearing" what is the proper response? "No honey i don't like what your wearing it makes your penis look small." Would he then change into something that I liked? I hope no one finds this offensive and I'm sorry if it did offend anyone that was not what I intended. Enjoy... Danielle

Anonymous said...

oh ya by the way Shawn and Kaleb no longer have any hair. So now maybe you'll be setting a new trend with your short, choppy cut. Seeing how Shawn and Kaleb both look like Brittany Spears.
Danielle

iris said...

I am all about the outside. Don't you remember a certain Franklin brother??