
Steve Madden Addiction
Ok, so I admit, I have turned into a shoe-slut. Not just any shoe-slut--- but Steve Madden’s in particular. I cannot tell you the exact # of pairs that I own, or even that I have purchased this year. They are my absolute favorite shoe. They are wide enough for my fat feet, they have the coolest designs, and they have a never ending selection of wedges, which are by far my favorite. Its like wearing a pump, but with the comfort and stability of a flat.
So, I’m at the Steve Madden store at Valley Fair Mall last night. You see, very shortly I am going to have a crazy insane schedule, and will no longer have a lot of free time in my life. Therefore, I thought it best to take advantage of my last 2 weeks of freedom and make use of my time.
I went to the mall right after I ran 7.5miles of hills in the sun. I didn’t shower, instead I just threw on my jeans and a Roxy hoodie and drove to the mall. I was by no means looking my best. (this is an important detail for later in the story, I promise).
After trying on about 10 pairs of shoes, I finally settle on a pair of orangey-red wedges (because a girl can never have enough wedges), and a pair of extremely sensible black flats (for work). Just as I was about to bring my purchases to the register, this group of three middle aged men come into the store in full on golfing apparal. They looked like a walking advertisement for Titlest. 2 of the sit down and the other makes his way to the counter and says to the cute, 18 yr old blonde sales girl-
Creepy Guy, “I’m looking for a pair of black pumps in an 8”.
At this point, I rolled my eyes, and was thinking he was just another creepy old man picking up on a young girl--- Pathetic! I hurried to the counter, trying not to make eye contact with the creepy guy. He then caught my eye, and said hello. I couldn’t be rude, so I just gave him a tight-lipped smile and a kurt “hi” back.
Creepy guy then says to me “ You look a lot like a girl I know…do you have a sister that works at …… in florida” ( I didn’t catch the entire sentence as I was really focused on ignoring the guy).
I replied, “ I look like a lot of people. I get that all the time”, and turned my attention back to the sales dude ringing up my shoes.
Creepy guy then says to my sales dude “Are you the manager?”
Sales dude “yes”
Creepy guy, “Well let me introduce myself, I’m Steve Madden”.
Eve chimes in “Shut up, you are so NOT Steve Madden- let me see your license!”
Sales dude- ‘I thought it was you!”
Creepy guy then goes to the front of the store where his 2 golfing buddies are waiting.
I then whisper to the 2 sales associates “ Is he REALLY STEVE MADDEN?” (Im sure it was MORE than a whisper), to which they replied “Yes”.
Eve chimes in, “No way, how do you know?”
Sales Dude “We have a Picture of him in the back!”
I then fall over my self in awe….. I cannot believe I just met STEVE MADDEN… the man of my every foot fantasy.. in the flesh… and I was a complete Biot***CH!!!
So I’m done with my purchase, and am leaving the store.
Steve Madden (formally Creepy guy), comes back over to me and starts another conversation: (please keep in mind, I am now star struck and cannot get a single intelligent or witty thing out of my mouth). First off, he shakes my hand!!!
Steve Madden “Do you live here?”
Eve, “Yes”
Steve Madden “What did you buy?”
Eve, “Oh, just a couple of pairs of shoes”
Steve Madden (looks down at the shoes I am wearing and says, “What are those? Those are really nice”
Eve, (lifts up her pant leg to give full view of the SM back Wedge sandel “Well you did make them, they’re last season. I only wear your shoes!’
Steve Madden, (rubs my arm and says), “Well Thank you very much, you are very pretty”
Eve (abruptly exists the conversation and store), “Ah thanks…. You make great shoes”.
AHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh---- I then skip over to Nordys (just across from the Steve madden store), get on my cell phone and rehearsed the entire conversation to Harmandeep. The funny thing is, I talk REALLy loudly, and im sure he heard my entire conversation!
How cool is that!! I met Steve madden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, so I admit, I have turned into a shoe-slut. Not just any shoe-slut--- but Steve Madden’s in particular. I cannot tell you the exact # of pairs that I own, or even that I have purchased this year. They are my absolute favorite shoe. They are wide enough for my fat feet, they have the coolest designs, and they have a never ending selection of wedges, which are by far my favorite. Its like wearing a pump, but with the comfort and stability of a flat.
So, I’m at the Steve Madden store at Valley Fair Mall last night. You see, very shortly I am going to have a crazy insane schedule, and will no longer have a lot of free time in my life. Therefore, I thought it best to take advantage of my last 2 weeks of freedom and make use of my time.
I went to the mall right after I ran 7.5miles of hills in the sun. I didn’t shower, instead I just threw on my jeans and a Roxy hoodie and drove to the mall. I was by no means looking my best. (this is an important detail for later in the story, I promise).
After trying on about 10 pairs of shoes, I finally settle on a pair of orangey-red wedges (because a girl can never have enough wedges), and a pair of extremely sensible black flats (for work). Just as I was about to bring my purchases to the register, this group of three middle aged men come into the store in full on golfing apparal. They looked like a walking advertisement for Titlest. 2 of the sit down and the other makes his way to the counter and says to the cute, 18 yr old blonde sales girl-
Creepy Guy, “I’m looking for a pair of black pumps in an 8”.
At this point, I rolled my eyes, and was thinking he was just another creepy old man picking up on a young girl--- Pathetic! I hurried to the counter, trying not to make eye contact with the creepy guy. He then caught my eye, and said hello. I couldn’t be rude, so I just gave him a tight-lipped smile and a kurt “hi” back.
Creepy guy then says to me “ You look a lot like a girl I know…do you have a sister that works at …… in florida” ( I didn’t catch the entire sentence as I was really focused on ignoring the guy).
I replied, “ I look like a lot of people. I get that all the time”, and turned my attention back to the sales dude ringing up my shoes.
Creepy guy then says to my sales dude “Are you the manager?”
Sales dude “yes”
Creepy guy, “Well let me introduce myself, I’m Steve Madden”.
Eve chimes in “Shut up, you are so NOT Steve Madden- let me see your license!”
Sales dude- ‘I thought it was you!”
Creepy guy then goes to the front of the store where his 2 golfing buddies are waiting.
I then whisper to the 2 sales associates “ Is he REALLY STEVE MADDEN?” (Im sure it was MORE than a whisper), to which they replied “Yes”.
Eve chimes in, “No way, how do you know?”
Sales Dude “We have a Picture of him in the back!”
I then fall over my self in awe….. I cannot believe I just met STEVE MADDEN… the man of my every foot fantasy.. in the flesh… and I was a complete Biot***CH!!!
So I’m done with my purchase, and am leaving the store.
Steve Madden (formally Creepy guy), comes back over to me and starts another conversation: (please keep in mind, I am now star struck and cannot get a single intelligent or witty thing out of my mouth). First off, he shakes my hand!!!
Steve Madden “Do you live here?”
Eve, “Yes”
Steve Madden “What did you buy?”
Eve, “Oh, just a couple of pairs of shoes”
Steve Madden (looks down at the shoes I am wearing and says, “What are those? Those are really nice”
Eve, (lifts up her pant leg to give full view of the SM back Wedge sandel “Well you did make them, they’re last season. I only wear your shoes!’
Steve Madden, (rubs my arm and says), “Well Thank you very much, you are very pretty”
Eve (abruptly exists the conversation and store), “Ah thanks…. You make great shoes”.
AHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh---- I then skip over to Nordys (just across from the Steve madden store), get on my cell phone and rehearsed the entire conversation to Harmandeep. The funny thing is, I talk REALLy loudly, and im sure he heard my entire conversation!
How cool is that!! I met Steve madden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(PS- i googled a picture of him and yes, this is the Man i met!!!)))))
2 comments:
Did you really ask to see his license? I bet you he really liked you new hair cut.
Shawn has a pair of SM dress shoes he really likes them. I think he wore them to your wedding. I would love to have a cute pair of shoes, heals, wedges whatever however size 11 and even fatter feet than yours are very uncommon. I will be reduced to flip flops for the rest of my life.
It is snowing like crazy. I'm glad at times that you live in Cali as it is nice to imagine the beautiful weather you are having and I can pretend that I am there and a size 6 - with ankles and smaller feet! Oh dreams.. how wonderful.
Talk to you soon, your balding friend.. Danielle
I think it is cool that you are a shoe slut. Although it is kind of creepy that SM rubbed your arm. You should have gotten him to sign your shoes. Now that I can see my feet again, and can bend over to put shoes on, I am going to buy some nice sandals for this summer.
Serinda
PS I love that I do not have to sign on to comment. That is why I rarely comment on B's blogs, sad to say.
Post a Comment