Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bad Hair Cut

Don’t you hate it when you have to learn a really hard lesson….. AGAIN! Previously in my life, I used to go to just any hairdresser, as long as it wasn’t too expensive. Well, I then got my first cut at Aveda on jasper ave (In Edmonton), by my best friend Iris’ longtime hairdresser Tabitha… and I’ve been hooked to good (expensive) hair cuts ever since. Since then, I’ve been picky about who cuts my hair. Being thin, my hair has many challenges, and finally for the first time in my life… I’ve had pretty “good” hair for the past 2 yrs. As mentioned, my hair is fine, thin and prone to breakage, so this my friends, has been a good run of it. A

nyways… my good hair streak ended yesterday, when I decided to go to the Paul Mitchell Hair SCHOOL in SF for a cut and color. Because I’m thinking about changing careers, and would most likely be attending that school, I thought it would be neat to check it out as a customer. I ended up with the WORST haircut I have ever had in my entire life. I told the dude that I just wanted a trim, to clean up the ends, and to only take off 1.5 inches, and I showed him with my fingers how much to take off. As well, I showed him a magazine picture, and even did my hair so he could see how I liked it styled. I did everything right… everything my many many magazines tell me to do when going for a cut.

My “trim” turned out into a really bad Rachel Green circa 1994. I look like a Lion, there are so many layers.. And the layers don’t even connect! There is absolutely no blending between levels. Its like 2 completely different haircuts from the front to back of my head. Its almost to the point of a faux mullet! It reminds me of growing out my hair from a really short choppy cut. It’s seriously not cute. And I know that At times I am the queen of over dramatic.. but its really bad… even Sean thinks so. Im so depressed about it. I’m going to have to be really creative with bobby pins, headbands and other such disguises for my terrible cut. On top of this all, my hair does not grow fast… maybe 4 inches a year if I’m lucky. So please mourn with me for the tragic loss of my hair, and the end of an era- Eve’s year of good hair. Boo HOoo HOOOOOO HOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOooooo!

Ps- in respect of me in this trying time, there will be no pictures posted. I have however posted some pictures to give you idea of the trauma i face. These pictures below are not of me (obviously)...and they in fact look a lot better than my hair actually does. Maybe I should pull a britney and just shave it all off!!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your still the most beautiful woman to me baby!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. mine looks worse. I am about to go and get it cut short short so that the hideousness will be gone. It looks even worse as it grows out.

serinda

Betina said...

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH. I am SO sorry. I really do feel your pain. I will mourn with you, my dear.

Anonymous said...

Danielle said
it could be worse i once had bald patches on the top of my head... oh wait i still do! choppy can still look cute maybe see another hair dresser and ask if they have any suggestions maybe it can be fixed.

Anonymous said...

p.s. my hair looks like the third picture is that bad? am i completely delusional regarding hair styles?
danielle

iris said...

Could you PLEASE send me a pic??? I AM DYING TO SEE IT. This might be a reason for me to make a surprise visit.