Sunday, November 06, 2011

HALLOWEEN 2011

This Halloween was our first holiday in our new house in Orem, and it was Fan-freakin-tastic. It was Dixie's first year trick or treating and she got right into it. She said "treat", "Moo" and then "next" (as in the next house) for and hour and a half. My sister was surprised that I took Dixie out for so long (shes only 22 months old), but Dixie just loved it so much I just couldn't stop. I asked dixie about half way through if she wanted to stop at our house to say hi to Daddy and she was adamantly opposed and wanted to keep going! She filled her little treat bucket to the brim with candy and was very possessive of it the following week. My mommy heart melted when we went trick or treating. I was so excited for her that i felt like i was a kid again, seriously!




Dixie (the cow) and Lucy (the Dinosaur) with our neighbors. The 2 older girls dote all over dixie and lucy. It is just darling to watch. I remember being a 10 year old and i absolutely loved holding babies, especially my baby cousin Nicole, so I let these girls hold Lucy and play with Dixie whenever they want, because I know just how they feel. Plus I believe that babies are meant to be shared, because they bring so much joy to everyone.






This is Dixie after her hour and a half trick or treating adventure. She was the official Candy girl. She diligently sorted out her candy treasures at her nearby kiddie table and then when the doorbell rang with more goblins she raced to the door and gave them each a handful of candy. It got a little excessive so i had to start limiting her to 2 candy bars per goblin. But then I ended up with a ton of extra candy which i have been eating all week and gaining back any libbers I lost so i probably should have let her just dump handfuls into everyone's bags all night long! I would have been better off in the long run, I'm sure. Note to self, I must rid myself of the excess candy this week. Perhaps i will bag it up and dig a hole in the back yard. Then I can dig it up in the spring with dixie and she'll think that candy grows from the ground, HA!


Dixie and her bag of candy! Her first worldly possession!



Dixie and Lucy (my little goblins)!
I think this is such a classic shot. I got these done a week before Halloween at camera shy in Lehi. Its a great little no fuss kid's photo studio.

Halloween was so much fun this year, I just cant wait until Christmas. When is it ok to start decorating anyways?? I suppose I'll wait until the day after thanksgiving.... I cant wait. Living in a house is sooooo wonderful. Its seriously like a whole new world. We are Loving it!

1 comment:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

They look adorable! She is truly a Werner loving that candy. Haha.