Monday, November 28, 2011


5 months & 23 month update

My little lulu is already 5 1/2 months old! She just the cutest little chubster you ever did see. She is right on track with development- shes rolling over, she is eating solid foods (just rice cereal & bananas for now), she giggles and is constantly babbling. I just love this girl! Lucy is completely enamored with her big sister Dixie. She always yelps with joy whenever dixie pays her even the slightest bit of attention. She is happiest when I put her on the floor right next to where ever Dixie is playing. Lucy and Dixie absolutely LOVE taking their bedtime bath together. I always ask Dixie, "Who do you want to take a bath with, Mommy or Lucy?", and without missing a beat she relies "Lulu" every time. Dixie is really a great big sister. She always gives Lucy kisses and hugs, and she shares her toys with Lucy, and piles up stuffed animals on top of Lucy while she plays. Its so fun watching their little relationship develop.


Lucy's sour face after eating the butternut squash!

Lucy is a rock star napper while driving, and is slowly learning to take daytime naps in her crib as well, although she much prefers the car. She is still waking up 2-3 times a night, which is really taking its toll on her mommy! Its a good thing I don't have to wake up early and make my self look professional for work in the morning, bc i think I would probably have a break down if that was the case! To all you working mommies out there, I salute you! On that note, to all you S-A-H-M's I salute you too.... this mommy thing is no joke!

Lucy is wearing 9 month clothing, and is filling it out well. I bought her a new Christmas dress size 6-9months from children's place, and the sleeves cut off the circulation in her chubby arms, so i had to cut them a bit to give her wiggle room.


Lucy eating a banana. Sean was scolded for the choking hazard.


Dixie is all about Mickey Mouse Club house. She begs for it all the live long day and it is driving me crazy! We have a Mickey Mouse chapter book that is a combination of short stories, and it is ALL dixie ever wants read to her. While I love that this girl has an avid interest in reading, I think I'm going to have to hide this book for a week or so!


Dixie decorating Cookies for the first *of many* times!


Oh, and Dixie has completely stopped napping, lucky me (not)! She is like the energizer bunny from the time she wakes up to until her head hits the pillow at bedtime. It is exhausting keeping up with her. I try to get out of the house on 2 excursions a day to keep her occupied. We are also getting some backyard play toys next week so that we can go outside without having to actually drive anywhere. I'm pretty sure i was just like Dixie as a child, so i guess this is my mom's payback!

One of our favorite places to go is the Farm at thanksgiving point. We go about twice a week and dixie is never bored of it. She feeds the goats and ducks. She goes for a wagon ride and a pony ride. And she just loves to look at all of the animals. Her favorite is the pony named ROxy. After a trip to the farm she talks about Roxy for the rest of the day. Dixie has the sweetest disposition ever. We just love this girl!


Dixie playing in the leaves


Oh, and Today Sean finished the last class of his Masters in Emergency Management, I'm soooo proud of him! This means that I can have my husband back when he is home! It will also be a nice blurb on the resume and a small pay increase at his job.
Congrats to my Seany sean!

( i would add a picture of him, but after searching it appears that since the girls came into our lives, the camera is always on them)

2 comments:

Betina said...

Lucy's chubby arms are hilarious!!!!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I just love those two! Congrats Sean! Yahoo!