Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Temperamental

My baby girl was sick this morning. Instead of waking up with her usual excited energy, she was all tears and sadness. It’s so sad when your baby is sick or hurt. Dixie had her first major fall on the weekend-she smacked her head on the concrete while attempting to climb something (shes a major climber these days). It felt worse that if I myself was hurt. Poor baby girl. Anyhoo, this morning I just held her on the couch for 2 hours, hand fed her breakfast, watched some Disney cartoons, read a plethora of stories, and played with her toys, all while in cuddle position. It was actually quite nice, as she is usually not a cuddlier, except at bedtime. While I was an hour late for work, I enjoyed every second of my intimate morning soothing her troubled little soul.

1 comment:

Molly said...

It's a bad one. Graham is going on day 4 and it's not letting up. Poor Dixie!