14 Months
My baby girl is 14 months old! Here are the highlights:
Her motor skills have developed by leaps & bounds over the last 2 months. She is walking everywhere, although she hasn’t quite figured out a breaking mechanism yet. She goes full speed until she either runs into something, or until she trips and falls. She Loves to climb pretty much anything that appears "climable". I cant keep her away from the stairs in our apartment complex- they are her absolute favorite. This climbing has caused one pretty nasty face plant on the concrete. Luckliy nothing was seriously damaged (I got her checked out at the dr)... all cosmetic scrapes and bruises, but boy oh boy were there alot of tears shed.
She knows where several body parts are and will point to them on demand, including her belly button, her head, her ears, her fingers, her toes, and her nose. Although, she usually points somewhere on her face other than her nose, but I know she knows what it is, because she can point to “mommy’s nose” without a problem. When she shows you her fingers and toes she wiggles them!
Dixie loves to play hide and seek with her daddy. She usually starts the game out by going around a corner, peaking out, and giving her daddy a mischievous grin. This means “game on”. She also really likes Peak a boo.
We have a big box from Costco sitting in our apartment, and we just cannot toss it, bc it is honestly one of Dixie’s favorite toys. She sits in it and gets “rides” from mommy and daddy. Well, mostly from Daddy, as hes a little more energetic that I am these days. She has such an adventous little spirit… I know shes going to love amusement parks once shes old enough.
Dixie really only likes food that she can feed herself. She rejects anything that is spoon fed to her. So I pretty much have to cut up all her food in tiny pieces so she can easily feed herself and swallow without choking. Her favorites are blueberries, strawberries, quaker oat squares (downed in milk until they are soft and squishy), chicken nuggets and well anything else sweet. But, she does accept spoonfuls of Nutella from her daddy as a special treat. I use the term “special” loosely, as it generally happens on a Daily basis.
Dixie has a keen ear. When Sean and Dixie visit me for lunch at work, Sean always buys a rice crispie treat wrapped in crinkly plastic. Sean will unwrap it very carefully under the table, in an effort to hide it from Dixie, but she’s way to smart. The minute she hears a crinkle she spits out whatever food she is currently chewing, ducks her head under the table and sticks out her hand demanding her fair share of sweets. ADORABLE I tell you!
Dixie really loves her stuffed animals. She plays with them for 15-20 minutes in her crib every night before she actually falls asleep. She babbles and babbles with them and it is so adorable to listen to. In the morning she plays with them some more, and when she’s ready for us to come and get her, she throws them out of her crib onto the ground, and then starts crying for us to come rescue her. I’ll bet she’s thinking, I will save you my fluffy friends!!
Finally, Dixie is big into mimicking us. She puts our cell phones up to her ear, she “types” on the keyboard, she is constantly changing the channel on the remote control, she helps us fold laundry (and is always putting everything over her head, in an attempt to put it on, and usually ends up with a pair of undies around her neck), and she loves to help in the kitchen. When I am cooking (a rare occurrence, I assure you!), she begs and pleads for me to pick her up so she can see everything I am doing. It makes cooking rather difficult, stirring and chopping with one hand and 21lb Dixie in the other arm.
We love our baby girl, and we absolutely love watching her grow, learn and develop. She is oh so special to both of us.
XOXO
Eve
2 comments:
No joke. I could not believe how quickly she mastered walking!
I love hearing about how much Dixie is growing up! Thanks for the updates.
Post a Comment