Friday, January 21, 2011
T*H*I*R*T*Y
Last week i had a milestone birthday- I'm an oldy moldy dirty 30! My BFF Iris tells me that 30 is the new 20, and maybe for her it is... but I dont feel anywhere close to 20.
But I'm not freaked out by this new decade... im actually quite excited. A whole new era has begun... gone are the days of frequent nights out, travels around the world, daily gym workouts and long weekend runs. Well, maybe the running part will come back, but for now, Im building a baby instead :)
Now its time for formulate the next 5 year plan.
Lets see:
1-MOVE OUt of this APARTMENt already! sometimes this seems like a hoop dream , but I think with baby Lucy on the way we are going to quickly outgrow our apartment and need to jump ship.
2- DEVELOP a Hobby. Or shall I say further develop a hobby. My hobby since Dixie was born is sewing, and I'm having so much fun learning new projects. I need to take some more classes to learn the more difficult techniques. In fact... my love of sewing has somewhat taken over my love to do hair. Sean thinks this is because I am really too busy to squeeze hair clients into my schedule but that once I'm a S-A-H-M, I'll get back into my love of hair again.
3- FINISH Having Babies. I am well on my way to this goal. Some people ask me how many we're going to have.... but i like to think one baby at a time. For now it'll be Dixie and Lucy and that fits me just fine. 2 Kids= totally manageable. PLus, its not like i started procreating when I was a fresh 20 YR old (thank heavens), so i really don't have that much time anyways.
4- and after having BABIEs... I am going to get my pre baby body back. No doubt about this one! In between babies I will run a half marathon or 2.. but besides that, there is really no point in losing that last 5 lbs until I'm done. And boy oh boy, I cant wait to look good in a pair of jeans again!
Well, thats all I can think of for now. I'm sure more lofty goals will come up as I begin this decade.
I lovingly say Goodbye 20's. You were fun. I graduated BYU, Got my first real job which turned into a Career, that Im actually really good at, married the love of my life, Travelled all over the place, became a licensed CPA & Cosmotologist, Ran several half marathons, 2 triathalons, ate lots of fancy meals paid for by my employers, and had my beautiful baby girl Dixie Mae. Yes, 20 was a great decade. 30 is going to be completely different... but i love change, and I'm excited.
Cheers to 30!
XOXO
Eve
ps- My actual birthday was Jan 14, and it was the best day ever. I had the day off of work (my employer now gives everyone their birthday off as a PAID holiday!), Sean had the day off, we went for a lazy brunch, a long walk with Dixie, I sweated my butt off at my favorite spin class, and then me and a group of 8 friends feasted on Red Meat at the Sundance Steakhouse. It was soooo yummy. This pregnant girl Loves her some red meat, the juicier the better! Oh.. and i got some great gifts too, my favorite is the tracy anderson perfect design series dvd set... which i probably will come in really hand for goal #4 above. A perfect day. love those!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday and congratulations on your pregnancy! Lucy is a cute name. Glad your birthday was a great day!
Happy Birthday! Thirty shmirty. Now that I'm almost 30, I realize how young it really is. I like your 5-year plan. I love making lists like that. :) You should post about your sewing projects!
I love your attitude about this Eve!
Post a Comment