E*N*E*R*G*Y
Lately I've been wondering where all of my energy has gone? When I was preggers with miss dixie, after the first tri-mester of exhaustion, I was back in the game 99% and I had the energy to work out 4-5 days a week. So... I figured it would be much the same this time around. It Isnt. I barely have energy to squeeze in a workout 2 measly days a week. I know, this is sad and pathetic, and im going to no doubt hate myself for it later.
So, I was murmering this to sean last night, and he set me straight. He pointed out that now I wake up at 5:30am to hang with Dixie, instead of sleeping until 7:30am (+2hrs), plus I play with dixie for a couple of hours afterwork, when before I would hop right on the ellipital after work (+2hrs). So I am essentially 4 hours busier each day than I was in my first pregnancy, which would explain why when 8pm rolls around, i would rather vegetate on the couch for an hour before bed rather than put on my running shoes and work out.
These are not excuses however (I have just been pondering this issue as of late)..... I know that I need to treat my body better. It is afterall my lifelong machine, and I need to ensure it operates smoothly.
Tonight's goal is to do 45 min on the ellipical after I put dixie to sleep. There, now that I've written it, I am accountable and it must be done! wish me luck :)
XOXO
Eve
1 comment:
Be kind to yourself, and, if you are the Eve that I know, you will have no problem whipping yourself into prebaby body... I mean, it is part of your 5 year plan ;)! If I ever have a baby, I like to think that I will be really careful about what I eat (follow some kind of pregnancy food plan?) and workout as energy allows. . . but who knows.
Post a Comment