Dixie feeding herself....
Dixie's curious look
9 months~
I cant believe my little bebe is 9 months old today!! This has been a breakthrough month for Dixie in terms of sleeping. Shes never been a good regular sleeper, and finally this month she has been sleeping through the night consistently and taking 2 very regular hour or more long naps every day. Its fabulous!!! It must be all of the army-crawling she does all day long. It just tires her out. By bed time I just plop her in the crib, she rolls over, lets out a couple weak cries of protest, and then she is out in less than 5 minutes. A true miracle in the Werner household.
Truth be told she could have possibly slept through the night a few months ago... i think i was the weak link here. I was doing hair on Monday and my friend told me to just "Close her door". To this point We've always kept it open at night so we know that shes ok..... but we listened to my seasonsed friend (a mother to 3 darlings). We closed her door that night and we've been sleeping soundly ever since. No more fighting with my dear seany sean about whos turn it is to get up at night. Huge Thanks Katie... you've consistently given me the best mom advice ever.
Dixie is also fully and completely on the bottle and off nursing. This again was Katie's advice. For some reason i thought i HAD to nurse until Dixie was 1 yr old. Its what the doctors are saying, the billboards are saying, Le Leche, so i just thought it was so. When we both turned up at a friends baptism, and she asked me if i was still breastfeeding (dixie was 6 months then), i said "yes", thinking "duh- of course I am... what kind of mother do you take me for?".... but then...... i let my mind think about not breastfeeding anymore. I had afterall reached the 6 month mark, and she was getting so wiggly, so aware and just too alert to nurse anymore, it just wasnt an efficient feeding method with all of her wiggling around. So at 7 months I decided to start weaning her.... and by 8.25 months we were completely done. I still snuggle her as I bottle feed her at night. And you know what, I dont miss it at all.. not one single bit, especially not in public.
I cant believe my little bebe is 9 months old today!! This has been a breakthrough month for Dixie in terms of sleeping. Shes never been a good regular sleeper, and finally this month she has been sleeping through the night consistently and taking 2 very regular hour or more long naps every day. Its fabulous!!! It must be all of the army-crawling she does all day long. It just tires her out. By bed time I just plop her in the crib, she rolls over, lets out a couple weak cries of protest, and then she is out in less than 5 minutes. A true miracle in the Werner household.
Truth be told she could have possibly slept through the night a few months ago... i think i was the weak link here. I was doing hair on Monday and my friend told me to just "Close her door". To this point We've always kept it open at night so we know that shes ok..... but we listened to my seasonsed friend (a mother to 3 darlings). We closed her door that night and we've been sleeping soundly ever since. No more fighting with my dear seany sean about whos turn it is to get up at night. Huge Thanks Katie... you've consistently given me the best mom advice ever.
Dixie is also fully and completely on the bottle and off nursing. This again was Katie's advice. For some reason i thought i HAD to nurse until Dixie was 1 yr old. Its what the doctors are saying, the billboards are saying, Le Leche, so i just thought it was so. When we both turned up at a friends baptism, and she asked me if i was still breastfeeding (dixie was 6 months then), i said "yes", thinking "duh- of course I am... what kind of mother do you take me for?".... but then...... i let my mind think about not breastfeeding anymore. I had afterall reached the 6 month mark, and she was getting so wiggly, so aware and just too alert to nurse anymore, it just wasnt an efficient feeding method with all of her wiggling around. So at 7 months I decided to start weaning her.... and by 8.25 months we were completely done. I still snuggle her as I bottle feed her at night. And you know what, I dont miss it at all.. not one single bit, especially not in public.
Dixie also holds the bottle on her own. We'll often leave her nighttime bottle by the couch and then when shes tired and ready for bed she crawls on over, picks up the bottle and feeds herself. I love this girl! So independent already :)
Dixie loves to crawl over to the floor length mirror, perch herself up as high as possible and gaze at her cute self. This keeps her entertained for several minutes at a time (=gold)!
What else, I've been back at work for a few months now on a part time basis. While I love my baby girl more than life...I love her even more when i get to to play with her all day long on my tweener days off :)
9 months stats to follow!
Dixie loves to crawl over to the floor length mirror, perch herself up as high as possible and gaze at her cute self. This keeps her entertained for several minutes at a time (=gold)!
What else, I've been back at work for a few months now on a part time basis. While I love my baby girl more than life...I love her even more when i get to to play with her all day long on my tweener days off :)
9 months stats to follow!
4 comments:
eve! she is so majorly cute. i also felt that way about breastfeeding until i realized that i need to stop listening to society and do what i wanted! :) you are a great mom and she is the cutest.
in her serious picture she looks more like sean and in her smiley picture she looks more like you. I MISS HER!!! oh, and you ;). xo
Shutting the door = sleep. I agree. Congrats on your tired and active girlie. Can't wait to see her.
What a cute little girl. I can't believe she's already 9 months old! Times flies.
Post a Comment