To fill the waiting period I've been doing alot of baking and cooking. I've been filling my freezer up with shepard's pie, lasagna, monster cookie dough... you know, the essentials.
I've tried out a few new recipes, all of which have been raging successes (including my very first Turkey dinner !!) .... until today that is.
Today I found a recipe for blueberry creamcheese muffins on cooks.com...... sounds delicious right? Just the thing for a cold winter's day... or so i thought. (california cold = 5 degrees celicus for my canadians comrades)
Well my friends, when a recipe sounds TOO healthy, it means it probably IS. And they are really nasty. Yuck... these are going straight in the trash. Sometimes a little white flour and sugar are necessary ingredients!
Here's the recipe for your viewing pleasure only. Do not attempt these at home!
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 egg, beaten3
/4 c. honey
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3/4 c. milk
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed & drained
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, cut into 16 pieces
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix together in a separate bowl egg, honey, oil and milk. Add to dry ingredients. Mix until just moist, fold in berries. Fill greased muffin cups 1/3 full. Place a piece of cream cheese on each cup. Cover with remaining batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment