Girls Weekend!
I had the most fabulous weekend with my 2 very good friends Jessie and Lindsay from BYU. Jessie and I met on the Spring 2002 European Business study abroad and have been best of friends ever since. Here’s a little recap:
Friday- I left work early and picked them up at the airport. We headed straight to North Beach in San Fran and had a late lunch at a nice little nondescript Italian place. We ate outside and people watched on the always interesting streets of San Francisco. Next up, a quick stop at the Golden Gate Bridge for the necessary tourist pictures, and a drive down Lombard Street. I always get scared driving up and down those steep hills. Finally, we ended up at the Giants baseball game. They played Arizona and won 2-0! Go Giants! We further indulged in Gilroy garlic fries at the game. When in San Francisco, everyone should go to a Giants game. The stadium has an old-school theme, and it is right on the water. It’s a nice little taste of America at its finest.
Saturday- Saturday morning we slept in and then drove up to the Paul Mitchell school in SF and had a mini recessionista spa day! We all got facials, eye treatments and waxing all for well under $100. The girls even bought some skin products, which meant that the students did a good job selling it. I know better and only buy it with a discount J.
After the spa we were all starving so we jetted across the street to the BEST pizza place in SF- Extreme Pizza. The pizza has a perfect crust. It is thin and crispy on the outside, but the inside is nice and chewy. The toppings are all fresh and they load it up with tomato sauce with just a dash of cheese. It is a pretty healthy choice when it comes to pizza. I used to eat it OFTEN when I was going to school up there. Boy do I ever miss that place.
Next we made a pit stop at home, got all dolled up and headed to Santana row for the evening. We saw the new Russell Crowe movie “State of Play” which I would recommend to anyone who likes a good suspense flick. Russell put on like 35lbs for the movie, he’s absolutely huge! After the movie we did some shopping at Anthropologie, and then my personal favorite, lulu lemon. I spent way too much $$, and should probably take at least one thing back…. But I probably won’t, because I just Love it all!
Finally we went to dinner at Roux, a Louisiana/Cajun place. The food was ok and the service was just ok as well. I probably wouldn’t go back there again, so don’t waste your money. Dessert was Kara’s cupcakes… I was good and just had a tiny bite of Sean’s. J
Sunday- Church Holiday! First I did Lindsay’s hair in the morning. I retouched her highlights and gave her a trim with the addition of new bangs for a hot young look. Then we drove to Santa Cruz to enjoy the afternoon at the beach! Let me tell you, the Drive was insane. I have never seen traffic that bad. Sean forewarned me that it would be back, bc it was the first nice weekend marking the start of summer. What normally takes 45 minutes to drive, took an hour and a half in bumper to bumper traffic. There was an incident with a small angry Asian man in a Mercedes that got out of his car and started yelling at me in broken English. At first I tried to reason with the man, and then after seeing him get more and more hot headed, I said forget about it and ignored him until I got to my parking place. Don’t worry; I wasn’t in a accident or anything. He was just a mean little man who needs to take some valium with a shot of tequila.
After the “incident’ we headed to the boardwalk and hopped on the BIG DIPPER. My absolute favorite ride! It is an old rickety wooden rollercoaster, built in 1924. It’s got lots of dips, but no loops. I hate loops… I have a weak stomach and always barf after crazy rides. Then we got some freshly dipped frozen bananas… the healthiest fair food available. It was that or the funnel cakes, so I think we made the right choice. After walking the board walk we headed to the sand where we laid out our blankets, slathered on the sunscreen and read lots of trashy gossip mags while enjoying the sunshine. Two weird European guys in booty shorts and waxed legs came over to us and attempted to flirt… but I’m married women, and Jessie and Lindsay were not the least bit interested, so we shooed them away as politely as possible. The drive home took just as long as the drive there, so once we got back, the girls packed up and we headed to the airport.
What a fabulous weekend. I just love girl time! Especially when it is mixed in with a little bit of Sean time too.
XOXOEve
No comments:
Post a Comment