Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Showers—

To most people, showers are enjoyable-- A relaxing time to reflect on your day, your dreams, and to sing your heart out, like Xtina. (at least Sean seems to enjoy the singing bit).

I, on the other hand, hate to shower. It is a huge chore, and is just too much work to be enjoyable. A full shower, is like a 40 minute process, and I just do not have the time to do this every single day-

1- Shampoo
2- Condition (leave in 3 minutes)
3- Wash face
4- Wash body
5- Shave legs
6- Dry off (and don’t get the floor soaking- sean will be MAD!)
7- Moisturize Legs, Arms and love handles (but you have to be really dry or it doesn’t soak in your skin)
8- Re-dress
9- Towel dry hair
10- Get make-up completely off of eyes
11- Moisturize face
12- Leave in conditioner
13- Comb hair
14- Blow dry hair upside down with round brush

Pheufff--- it just takes forever!!! The whole time I am thinking about everything I need to get done, or what Sean is doing in my absence!! I wish I could just stop thinking about my to-do list and enjoy the hot water, steamy bathroom and relax.

One day… I will learn to relax… just like the rest of the free world. I will give up exercise, will order my very own piece of cheesecake, and I wont care if my hair is flat from air drying.

Today though, I will continue my every other day shower schedule and I don’t care if anyone thinks this is gross…. There was a time (Summer 2003 on the SL GOLF COURSE) when me and my sister poopie would only shower on the weekends. The smellier we got, the less the bugs ate us. How I miss those days.. when showering was not a mandatory part of life.

3 comments:

Betina said...

ahhhhh... there is a little bit of OCD in all of us. Being a Payne is so predictable.

Showering at night seems like a good solution.

Anonymous said...

Eve my dear, try doing all of he above with a 3 year old in the shower with you, getting her clean, babysitting her toy dolphins every time she needs to dry off her eyes, and refilling her squirt bottle every 2 minutes so that the dolphins will be clean too. All with an infant in a bouncy chair at the doorway, hoping that the noise of the shower and fan will make her stop screaming and fall asleep... Enjoy your peaceful showers my dear. I wish I had, as I will probably never have another peaceful shower for 15 years...

iris said...

Serinda totally beat you.

Your showers are quite a process. I will NEVER give up a half hour shower. I will go out with a wet bun if that makes my shower longer. Ahhhh, sweet showers.