
Thanksgiving 2006
Thanksgiving was Awesome this year! Margie came up to visit again, so I had a female companion to do lots of girly things with. I put Margie to work right away, and we baked pies (pumpkin & tin roof chocolate) & wrapped Christmas gifts her first night here. The pies were amazing- especially the Tin Roof pie. I included it in the Christmas 2006 collection, so you’d all better make it next year! It is To Die For!!
We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Do-Little’s house, a family friend of the Werner family. They were very gracious to have us and we enjoyed the food and company. Well… almost all of the company- they had 2 very HAIRY cats and I was sneezing, wheezing and itching from the neck up from the moment I walked in the door. Note to self- inquire if host has felines prior to invitation acceptance.
Sean’s brother Rob brought a date- a nice Asian girl named Fiona. She was really nice and spoke English very well (she was visiting from Malasysia). Margie & I had a great time laughing with her. She was envious of Sean & I, and openly expressed the desire to have someone special, as she said, “It is lonely being single”. While I was single, happy & FREE prior to my life with Sean, I have to agree that Sean is the most wonderful blessing in my life. I am a much happier person with him than without. We often talk about what a miracle it was that our paths crossed when they did.
On Friday we had a marathon day of walking the dish, Mani/Pedis @ my favorite Asian sweat shop, Chiloptle burritos, shopping at Nordy’s Rack & Target, going to the movies w/ seamy sean (Déjà vu- 3.5 stars!!), and enjoying dinner at Bucca de peppa (a Payne-werner favorite). By 10pm I was crashed out on the couch while Margie enjoyed SATC (6th season).
I love that Margie visits me at Thanksgiving, and I love making the pies, so that I get to take home the leftovers and eat pumpkin pie for breakfast (assuming Sean doesn’t get to it first).
My Top 10 Blessings I am Thankful For
1- My Seany-Sean
2- My family
3- My friends
4- My health
5- My father for putting me through BYU & teaching me the value of hardwork.
6- My education
7- The Great Outdoors
8- Air Travel
9- Chain Restaurants
10- Discount Retailers
No comments:
Post a Comment