At heart- I am a Rebel
Sean and I just celebrated our 2nd anniversary last week- 12/11/2006 to be exact. After being married for 2 years, our relationship is healthy, stable and full of love. Being creatures of habit, we often do the same things over and over again- movies, eating out, cooking, mountain biking, working out- and then every once and a while do something out of the ordinary, like our trip to Paris, Christmas 2006 snowboarding in Canada, or our favorite mini-breaks to Utah. Sean is the best husband I could have ever hoped for- and everyday I see more and more why we were destined for each other.
While 90% of the time, I love being married, the other 10% of me misses the fun and excitement that comes with being single. The butterflies in your stomach when you are talking to your new crush, the girls only road trips to Vegas, LA, Edmonton ect- and the general freedoms that come with not having to answer to anyone, spending money as you please and being an Independent Woman.
Well- dear sisters and Iris- I found a small way to pretend that I’m single again, and get the “butterfly feeling”!! Last Saturday night I dragged Sean out to a club in SF for my friend Harmandeep’s 30th birthday. It took a LOT of convincing, as Sean was never a club kid- but for the sake of me, he came. It was fantastic. It is SO much better dancing as much as you please with your husband and not worrying about sleazy guys getting all up in your face! I felt “Bad” again, and I LOVED it!! I saw Sean in a new light- he was the total hottie at the other side of the room that I was eyeing all night and am mustering up the courage to talk to. Plus- Sean is a great dancer! The man has rhythm! Sean was by far the hottest man in the place- and that gave me the butterflies!
I really am a rebel at heart, and I don’t think I’ll ever really change- so in lieu of bad behavior- I have found a new outlet that makes for a great substitute. Next Anniversary- We’re going to a club and Sean is going to shake his groove thang!
3 comments:
I am so glad that you two love eachother so much. That makes me happy!
Hahaha, Sean IS a total hottie! I was bragging about him after you guys left last year. "My best friend Eve's husband is SOOOO HOT!"
I admire your ability to just HAVE A GOOD TIME. Rock on, dude...for both of us. Also, you and Sean are perfect for eachother. Happy belated anniversary.
How about this idea -- On all your anniversaries you should wear black and pink.
Post a Comment