Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Addicted

Thanks to my sister Betina, I have a new addiction in my life, the ever popular medical TV series, Grey’s Anatomy. It takes a lot to get me to start watching a new show, but when I find one that I like, it takes over my life, and like a good book, I just cannot put it down until it’s done. The problem is that it is not a 400 pg book, rather, it is a tv series, and there are 27 commercial free episodes at my immediate disposal via blockbuster online.

I started Season 3 weeks ago- telling myself I’d just get the first disc to see if I liked it. Well, I LOVED it. I polished off the first disc (4 episodes) in the first weekend, and now, three weeks later, im done all 27 episodes of season 2. While it has been an emotional rollercoaster- of highs and lows, living vicariously through the lives of Lizzy, Meredith, McDreamy and my favorite heart patient Denny…. Im so glad its over. It took over my life. I didn’t get a thing accomplished in the last 3 weeks, and there is a big dent on my couch, 3 additional lbs on my hips and an endless to do list (ie- clean bathroom, grocery shop, laundry- all of which have been neglected for 3 weeks!). I will have to wait at least 3 weeks before I go back and watch season 1, otherwise before I know it, Christmas will be here, and I will have neglected to wrap presents, bake cookies, send out Christmas cards or pack my bags for Canada.

Oh how I love grey’s… but I’m glad its over for now 

My Top 10 ALL Time favorite TV shows (in no particular order)

1- Grey’s Anatomy
2- ER
3- Friends
4- 90210
5- CSI Las Vegas
6- CSI Miami
7- Sex in the City
8- Seinfeld
9- 24
10- Road to Avonlee


Ps- Congratulations Serinda Minnie, on the birth of your new baby girl!

2 comments:

Betina said...

It is so funny that you mentioned Road to Avonlee. Hahahahaha. Sunday afternoons... it's all coming back to me.

iris said...

Oh Denny! I cried like a little girl when he died. OMG!

I always like to see where our pop culture likes converge and diverge. Oh SATC. I still miss Carrie and the girls.