Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 months & 21 months

My sweet baby Lucy has reached the 3 month mark! Where did the summer go?? Baby Lulu is such a happy happy girl. She smiles whenever I (or anyone for that matter) makes eye contact with her. She coo's like crazy and is often so loud I have to bring her into the bedroom so that she doesn't wake up Dixie after bedtime! I need to get Lucy's coo's on video, they are priceless.

Lucy Loves the outdoors and has logged many many hours in the bjorn during our morning park excursions. Often times she gets grumpy inside, so i try to feed her, but she wont eat. Then I take her outside and she immediately perks up. This girl just love fresh air, that's for sure.

Lucy still lags on the whole sleeping thing. All my friends tell me that their babies sleep 12 hours at 12 weeks... not mine. Lucy FINALLY had a 5 hour stretch for the first time last night, otherwise she has been consistently waking up every 2 hours. Because of this, I've kicked Sean out of the bed and I co-sleep with Lucy. I know most people shun this idea... but I also have a 21 month old that needs to run and play all day and I need energy to keep up with her in the morning. So yeah.... we snuggle all the night long. I really really really love our snuggle time, because I feel like I dont get to snuggle her during the day as much as I'd like too, or as much as I snuggled Dixie. And I start feeling guilty that im not giving her enough love and attention, so I think shes deserves to share my bed.

Oh, and lets not forget that Lucy is ginormous! Seriously, she's already tipping the scales at 14 libbers and that was a few weeks ago. She is super long and chubby. She's just the cutest little Buddha baby i ever did see. She has AMAZING neck control, in fact shes had it since like 2 months... and I have a suspicion that its really the chub holding up her neck rather than pure muscle strength... hee hee.



And onto my first love, Miss Dixie Mae. She is now 21 months old... only 3 more months until she's a two-two!! She is very inquisitive, loving, sweet, stubborn, determined and contemplative. On Sunday we were at church and she wanted me to hold her up to the water fountain, because she is obsessed with water these days. I told her "No", because I didnt want a big mess to deal with. She marched directly down the hall, into the sacrament room and grabbed a plastic chair at the entry way. She dragged the chair back down the hall, propped it next to the water fountain and climbed up it. I was so impressed with her thought process and determination that I surrendered and let her play in the water fountain for the next 20 mintues. Thats my girl, and I cant get enough of her.

2 comments:

Molly said...

No worries, hun. Liam was still waking up every 3 hours (sometimes more) AND wanting to eat every 2 hours during the day until he was 4 months old when we did the sleep training. You're not alone. Hang in there!

iris said...

I LOVE that Dixie grabbed a chair! SO SMART!