Thursday, April 07, 2011

Funniest Story Ever…


Ok, so you might want to cross your legs now if you’re preggers, because if you proceed reading without doing so, you might just pee your pants a little bit like I did. Sean and I made a trip to Costco last night (family date night). I was carrying Dixie through the parking lot as Sean yelled “crap, my flip flop just broke”. He then attempted to shuffle along through the busy parking lot, and he looked a little how do you say… “Challenged” while doing so. I made it to a safe place off to the side and I just stood there laughing hysterically with Dixie in my arms. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. I;m sure it looked like quite the sight. Big Fat Pregnant lady holding toddler in parking lot crying her eyes out! So, I finally calmed down a little when I looked over at Sean and he shouted “my other one just broke too!” I completely lost it at this point, the tears (of laughter) were streaming down my face, my pressurized bladder was how do I say “leaking”, and even little Dixie was laughing! (She will often start to laugh when Sean and I laugh… it’s the most darling thing ever). There was another couple who witnessed the whole event, and the lady was laughing out loud as well! It was seriously the funniest thing. So, Sean continued to shuffle through the parking lot on his busted flip flops. In-between breaths, I told him he should just toss them and go barefoot, to which he refused. I guess he’d rather look a little “challenged” then like a bum! So we finally make it into Costco and we headed straight for the footwear sections. Sean then asked me, “Does Costco even sell flipflops?”. I told him that beggars can't be choosers and to just pick out a pair of shoes from their limited selection! Well, that’s the end of the story. I hope you found it at least a little bit funny…I mean who breaks 2 flip flops at the exact same time??


Dixie relaxing on the couch with the remote after an exhausting day


Cute story #2



So I’ve mentioned before that Dixie no longer hates having shoes on, because now she associates shoes with outside, meaning the park, which she loves. This afternoon after she woke up from her nap and had played for a while inside, she grabbed her little shoes and brought them over to Sean demanding that he put them on her. After he did so, she grabbed his shoes (yes, his giant manly shoes), and brought them back to Sean for him to put on. She then walked to the door and started banging her little hands on it, signaling that it was time to go to the park! My baby girl is getting so smart! I love how she communicates with us even without words.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Okay, so back in college my brother and I went to the grocery store (or Target or Walmart or something like that) and just as we walked in he thought it would be super funny to step on the back of my flip flops. They totally broke!! I know exactly how hard it is to walk around like that. But you have to wear shoes in a store (even if half your foot is hanging off the side of the shoe) so I walked around like that the whole time. Ha!

Michelle said...

funny story. I've peed in my pants too!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That story was really funny! I think we are the same. I totally laugh at Rob when something happens to him. He says that's the only time I really laugh. What does that mean? I laugh all the time...he's just at work :)