Dirty Little Secrets...
So at dixie's 12 month appointment my doctor asked me if Dixie was still taking a bottle, to which i replied "yes". Then she asked me if I put her to bed with a bottle, to which i Lied and said "No". My doctor. informed me that at 12 months she should no longer be on the bottle, and you should never ever put the baby to bed with the bottle for fear of cavities and the association of milk=bed time.
So anyways, since then I have been living in shame, as we regularily put dixie down for both naps and bedtime with a bottle. She just loved it so much and it soothed her little soul into a nice sound sleep without a single tear shed.
Sean took Dixie to her 15 month appointment, and when asked these same questions, he lied again and said, no shes not on the bottle , and no we definatly do not put her to bed with it! Sheesh, what kind of parents do you take us for?? Hee hee.....
Well, we can finally quit lying to our doctor about our dirty little secret, because Dixie is officially OFF the bottle! No bottle at naps, no bottle at bedtime, and no bottles in between! She pretty much took herself off the bottle though, so I cannot claim any Parental awards for this. For 2 days in a row her bedtime bottles were left untouched in her crib. So we decided to see what would happen if we didn't give her a bottle. There were tears shed for 10 minutes the first night, then 5 minutes the second night and tonight I had a victory, no bottle and No tears! Yippeee! Im so glad she got off before baby Lucy is born.. because I know i wouldnt have the mental strength for a bottle war while tending to a newborn, counting points and not sleeping.
Go Dixie!
1 comment:
Most of my kids were done by 13 months... except Georgia. She just finished last month. Oh the shame. I think I've lied about it too. I think Dixie will grow up just fine though.
Post a Comment