Just another Manic Monday
This is Dixie's most common positon lately- stuck on her tummy because she's rolled over and cant roll back. Hopefully she'll learn how to roll from tummy to back soon- shes one frustrated little lady! Eden- can you please come over and teach her how to roll the other way?

Dixie's second favorite activity next to walks outside is Bathtime! I recently purchased this PERFECT bath seat. So much better than the external kiddie tubs that just make a mess of water on your counter and take a long time to fill up and put away, i know, i have one of these as well. This little goodie was $10 on craigslist- best ten bucks i've spent on dixie yet! It just sits inside the regular tub- no prep or clean up necessary, and it perfectly positions dixie so shes in a relaxing position and can kick to her hearts delight.
The next 2 pics are of the new slipcovers i made for my glider and
ottoman. They took freakin forever to sew, especially since i didnt have
a pattern, and since i only get to sew after Dixie is asleep. Please Note
that my first sewing class EVER was Jan 2010, so im a novice sewer, and there are many areas of improvement to be made. However, I did learn how to sew piping and
zippers with this project, and I learned the importance of percise
measurements. The footstool slipcover is a very loose fit ( my first try), whereas
the back cushion is nice and tailored (my last one). Dont you just LOVE the fabric?? It's from Amy Butler's latest spring line up. I wanted to make kitchen curtains out of it, but Sean said it was too "Gay". I dont care... i LOVE it!

This is me and Dixie- doing what we do every day, three times a day- walking outside in the baby bjorn. Did I mention that the Baby Bjorn is the only way this child will travel? The stoller is no longer good enough- shes needs to be front and center of all the action. It was pouring rain outside the last 2 days and shes going insane inside. So i just suited up for the weather and out we went. THanks auntie nunu for the fabulous baby uggs- we've made good use of them in the rainy weather! (if i knew how, i would have cropped me and my double chins out of this picture. Dixie is so much cuter)


4 comments:
You two are so cute!
those covers lood AWESOME!!!! I have always loved Amy Butler fabric, she's a design genius.
have you ever seen Heather Bailey's site? She has some great fabric designs too...
http://www.heatherbaileystore.com/?Click=25
I admire your sewing genius. Go Eve!
Love the slip cover! And I need to know what kind of baby seat Dixie is using in the tub! You should post a picture of it.
I second the other comment. What kind of tub is it?
Cute slipcovers. I'd have to agree with Sean though...too gay for a kitchen.
Post a Comment