Swimming!
I am having such a hard time focusing at work today, so I thought i'd write a little blurb to mix things up a bit.
I went lane swimming last night (with my friend Molly) for the first time in literally years. I was on the swimteam once upon a time in jr high and highschool, but it has been 10yrs+ since I've seriously swam! Ive done alot of other things in the meantime including running and biking. Running has been my main source of exerise for the last 3-4 yrs, and I actually became pretty decent at it. That was however until I became an incubator for an alien lifeform. Now my body is heavy and every step i take running hurts 4 times more than it should. And I just cant get into the Zone... you know, the place where you just sail along and you dont really feel anything? Yeah that place disappeared many weeks ago.
SO back to swimming.. it felt amazing! I didnt feel my extra weight at all, and I just glided through the water. Plus its so nice and cool in the water, you dont even feel the sweat! LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it. I have found my pregnancy exercise of choice, swimming!!! the only thing that sucked was buying a swimsuit. I had to get the largest size they had, and I know its not going to fit for too long (they didnt have any "maternity" sport suits.. just flowery things that i knew would not hold up for serious lane swimming). I look one of the larger girls on the swim team. All stuffed into the suit, no real shape or form.. just a giant puffball with back fat!! So, next time, im ordering on line. No change room or mirrors required!
Ok back to work.
XOXO
Eve
2 comments:
Hahaha! You are too funny. I'm having a hard time concentrating at work because my back really hurts. I'm wondering if that has to do with swimming last night since I haven't done it in so long. Booo.
PS--You like how I just wore a regular bikini?? My old "sport" bikini stopped fitting a long time ago and I don't have a tankini, so bikini and big belly it is. :)
that's how i always felt in my racing suit in jr high! ha ha... i laughed so hard reading that.
Post a Comment