ORANGE
So- as most of you know, i turned myself into a vibrant red head last spring... well, its been about 10 months of being red, and i need to return to my blonde roots. I just missed the way i felt as a blonde. I felt younger, prettier and friendlier. With red hair, people looked at me differently... like i was scary and intimidating. In the fashion world, this would be called Fierce... but I’d rather be friendly. After 10 months as a "fierce" red head...I can honestly say that blondes really do have more fun!
I spent 6 hrs in the salon on Saturday. One of my old teachers (a color specialist) worked her butt off to get the red pigment out of my fine locks. A very delicate process you see, since I've got fine hair, it is very easily damaged. Red pigments are dominant and are hard to erase. So, long story short, I was there for many many hours, and the results are really not what I was going for. I wanted darker (level 7) cool blonde with platinum highlights (level 10). Instead I got a medium warm blonde.... which under bright lights looks Orange/Yellow to me. I don’t mind the yellow so much... but the orange makes me want to barf.
Had I not been to beauty school...i would have been really upset right now. But after a weekend of staring in every mirror I passed, and rationalizing that i as long as I stay out of floursent lights for the next year (this means no visits home), maybe no one will notice??? I know that my colorist did the best job possible... and it will probably be another year and several more salon visits before I can return to my dark cool blonde roots, with platinum highlights. Until then...i hope you can all still be my friend even though my hair is Orangish. My hair is going through some tough times right now and it really needs some TLC. Super strength shampoo, weekly deep conditioners and heat seal spray prior to heat styling here i come. Maybe I'll resort to wearing a pony tail for the next year. I'll post a picture when i can find my camera again :)
XOXO
Eve
4 comments:
we can def still be friends :)
Post a pic!!!
Remember when I dyed my hair Crayola Barn Red? That is why I no longer colour my hair...not that I didn't love it or have fun with it, but the 'morning after' the red, so to speak, was a lot of damage and weirdness.
yup, i definitely have "morning after" hair.... and lets just say it was a really wild night!
Post a Comment