My Confession
Ok.... so December was a really really hard month for me. It was year end at my new accounting job, and it kicked my ass. I havent had to work those hours since public accounting and it did a serious number on my head, my health and my attitude. I got the christmas blues in a big way, and I decided not to celebrate the season. No tree, No christmas music, No decorations of any sort, No christmas cookies, No presents, and I didnt even make our annual christmas card (so no, YOU weren't excluded from my mailing list... I just didnt send any out). This is very out of character for me, as I am usually quite a fan of christmas, and I never miss a chance to bake , decorate and give away christmas cookies. But with work kicking my ass from Dec 1 through Dec 20, and the fact that Sean was working and my family was in Washington I just didnt feel any christmas love. So.... my confession is this....
All of those lovely Christmas cards you lovingly addressed to me with your sweet letters and beautiful pictures of you and your family...... yes those are the ones I mean.... well.... I kind of threw them all in the trash without reading them. PLease dont hate me for this. You see.... with work kicking my ass ( the theme of this blog) I didnt have any time to open any of them. THen when Christmas morning finally rolled around (when i was all by myself) I was tooo sad, depressed, and lonely.... and then seeing those cards gleeming with christmas tidings..... well they made me angry. So in a fury of rage and tossed them all in the trash, unopened.
There.... thats my confession. I promise I'll be better next year. Even if Sean has to work, I'll travel to see my family solo. And I'll send out cards.... probably early so that everyone can re-include me on their christmas mailing lists again.
XOXO
lonely girl
4 comments:
oh eve, i wish I could have been there with you. we whould have hit the town and forgot about christmas together.
Eve! I had no idea you were so sad! The next time Christmas is in Houston and Seany Sean has to work - you are spending it with my family.
EVE - I AM SOO SORRY!
That is one of the funniest, saddest things I have ever heard. We were home for Christmas too! We should have hung out!!!
We missed you in WA, thats for sure.
I did send you some nice family pictures. I can rustle some more up if you want them.
Post a Comment