Spontaneity
I did something I rarely do anymore…. I was completely , 100% spontaneous! On Friday afternoon around 3pm I met a new co-worker named Lynn. We were both talking about races and how we love to be involved in outside, physical activity. Anyhow…. We were surfing active.com together and saw that the Tri Girl Tri was the next day (Saturday) and they were taking same day registration. Since the last time I did this race in 2006, it was sold out months in advance so I figured that this was a sign, so we both decided to do it together. I went home, packed my gear, picked up some goggles at sports basement, and woke up at 4:30am Saturday morning. We drove to Napa (2hrs) and were ready for the race at 9am. It was a really windy cold day to start, but by the time the race was done, the sun was a shining, and it was beautiful outside! I love Napa. Too bad the road to Lake Berryessa is so damn curvy. We were both carsick and took a good ½ hr for our stomachs to settle. After the race we drove to Mc Donalds for lunch (if only I could get my eating under control- maybe then I’d loose some lbs!), and headed home. It was super fun, and Im so glad I made the most of my Saturday and made a new friend, Lynn.
Oh and by the way, for all you tri girl tri’ers out there. They changed the race up a bit this year. They moved it down the road and with the new location the mileage went down a bit. I kinda wish it would have went up instead of down to add to the challenge, but it was great fun none the less. The mileage is now: .5m swim, 12m bike, 3m run. Still the same hills though- theres no getting away from them!
If anyone is down for this next yr, lets sign up in the spring time!
I did something I rarely do anymore…. I was completely , 100% spontaneous! On Friday afternoon around 3pm I met a new co-worker named Lynn. We were both talking about races and how we love to be involved in outside, physical activity. Anyhow…. We were surfing active.com together and saw that the Tri Girl Tri was the next day (Saturday) and they were taking same day registration. Since the last time I did this race in 2006, it was sold out months in advance so I figured that this was a sign, so we both decided to do it together. I went home, packed my gear, picked up some goggles at sports basement, and woke up at 4:30am Saturday morning. We drove to Napa (2hrs) and were ready for the race at 9am. It was a really windy cold day to start, but by the time the race was done, the sun was a shining, and it was beautiful outside! I love Napa. Too bad the road to Lake Berryessa is so damn curvy. We were both carsick and took a good ½ hr for our stomachs to settle. After the race we drove to Mc Donalds for lunch (if only I could get my eating under control- maybe then I’d loose some lbs!), and headed home. It was super fun, and Im so glad I made the most of my Saturday and made a new friend, Lynn.
Oh and by the way, for all you tri girl tri’ers out there. They changed the race up a bit this year. They moved it down the road and with the new location the mileage went down a bit. I kinda wish it would have went up instead of down to add to the challenge, but it was great fun none the less. The mileage is now: .5m swim, 12m bike, 3m run. Still the same hills though- theres no getting away from them!
If anyone is down for this next yr, lets sign up in the spring time!



5 comments:
Look at you! You are awesome. I had two other friends in that race ... you are awesome. It doesn't matter how much I exercise, I could never, EVER be that spontaneous on a race. You rock.
atta girl. SO FUN. i love that race. so interesting they dropped the cycling/running mileage.
anyways, congratulations. i'm glad you had a good time.
Good job Ev!
you are my hero for being so spontaneous!! and great job at nike! you kicked serious butt!
Post a Comment