Sunday, October 05, 2008


San Jose Rock n' Roll Half Marathon
Thanks Liz for the "Borrowed" Picture.


Today I ran my 2nd half marathon with Liz and Molly. It was such a great time, and such a great feeling when I finished. I think i even teared a little bit while crossing the finish line, I was so glad it was finally over! I wasnt very well prepared for the event in terms of training... my longest distance prior to the race was 7 miles, so 13.1miles was a big stretch for me... like double the miles i had trained for! silly me. This of course is completely my own fault. Maybe if I would have gotten out there and hit the pavement with Molly and Liz, I would have been better prepared.

In any case, my legs were sore all the way up to mile 10, weird right? Then I felt like I was soaring from miles 10-12, then the final mile was hard.. but there were so many people there cheering that it was ok.

During the run I just kept thinking that running a whole 26.2 mile marathon is crazy. I dont know how you crazies do it! And many people do it over and over again! I just dont get it.. so much pain! But I do envy your ability to do this- what amazing drive and self control you must have. For me, i think the hardest part is committing to all of those long Saturday runs for training. Maybe one day...

Sean didnt come to watch me as he was working, but Liz's husband Brad was there with his doggy and a camera (speaking of which, Liz, please send me the pic :) He took pictures and then we all went out to hobbes for brunch (my most favorite meal and my most favorite breakfast place) and topped it off with coffee cake. Yummy!

ANyhoo.... I had a blast hanging out with Liz and Molly- thanks for the good time girls! Lets do this again soon.

Here are my offical results-
Eve
Payne
Mountain View
CA
Age: 27
Sex: F
Chip time: 1:54:33
Clock time: 1:55:31
Sex Placing: 548 ( out of 5375 Female finishers)
Age/grade 57.5%

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats! I think it's awesome that you ran the half marathon. And you could totally do the whole marathon ... you'll hit that euphoric state again and be soaring like you did in the half.

Betina said...

I didn't even know you were running! I'm jelly. I can't run at this point.

Maybe next year I'll come run one with you, in an effort to "lose the baby weight"

Yea. A whole marathon is hard. I am not sure if I will ever do one again. Who knows.

Congratulations on a great finish!

Nawana said...

Eve you are awesome! Congrats! I need to start moving my butt.

Lindsey Harman said...

You are a machine! Your time was awesome for feeling tired and having aches. I may start calling you quickie. Nice job! I'd love to do an event with you again some time. As long as I could keep up. ;)

iris said...

Some people think tri-athaloners and half marathoners are crazy. You are in the same boat as those marthoners ... ever crazier maybe because you did events in back-to-back weekends!

YOU ARE NUTS - but I love you! Great job and congrats!