Monday, January 07, 2008

The Sneaky Culprit

Ok so the last 6 months I’ve put on like 7 pounds, which I am not happy about. I’ve been avoiding the issue for a while thinking that in the New Year I will get back down to business and take if off. So, last week I got back to counting WW points. I am not a freak about it, but I do like to know the point value of everything I consume and try to stay between 20-25 points a day. So, I had to do some research of my newest addiction- the Starbucks Reduced Fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich. I have been eating these almost daily for about 4 months- not ever bothering to check the nutritional information, which is so unlike me, but due to my crazy busy life, I just didn’t take the time to do so. I didn’t think they could be that bad; I mean they are composed of a whole wheat English muffin, cholesterol free egg, turkey bacon and reduced fat white cheddar. I’m thinking around 300 calories and 6 grams of fat.

So, last week I went to www.starbucks.com and found out the facts:
Calories- 350
Fat- 11 grams
Fiber- 3 grams
WW points= 7.3


I was appalled when I got this data. I cannot believe that I let myself live in ignorance for so long… and I know its going to take hella effort to take it off, as I am not one of those lucky people that loose weight easily. Fat is in my DNA, and I have to fight it with a vengeance!

I’ m pretty depressed about my 7 pounds of Starbucks that I have to work off. But… on the bright side, this is going to save me hella money, and those suckers can get expensive when consumed daily.

4 comments:

Patience said...

I am on the same quest as you. I started my herbal de-tox cleanse to hold me until Jan 20th, then it's WW (I think). xoxo pp

jularun7 said...

that is hilarious, eve. so i want to hear about hair school ... there's a huge part of me that wants to enroll out here in nc. what are your recommendations?

Betina said...

hahahaha. Good luck with the WW. It is not that bad.

Molly said...

Hey Eve--I have put on 7 pounds in the last year. :( And like you, I know what I should and shouldn't be eating. Bleh.

Hey--I really want to start mountain biking, so would you ever want to go? (Of course, I'll have to go a bunch without you first so that I don't look like the biggest wimp.)