Paul Mitchell Hair School (SFIEC)
http://www.sanfranciscoinstitute.com/sfiec/
Ok, so most of you know that I started hair school in San Francisco 3 weeks ago ( I just started my 4th week). I have to tell you all how awesome it is! I wish I would have done this years ago! Well, maybe right after BYU.. but then I would not have had any money to pay for it, so I guess now is the right time for me.
Hair school is awesome. Because Im in night school the class size is really small (6 peeps), and our teacher Becky is really awesome. I feel like I found what I was meant to do. Im a really hands on person, I like to be “doing” something, as opposed to just thinking, or talking as many jobs require.
So my days are super busy…here is my schedule:
6am- wake up, go to gym
6:30-7:30 RUN
7:30-8:30 shower, get dressed, get dinner ready for evening
8:30- arrive at work, eat cereal at desk
8:30-4:30- work work work, trying to fit in a full time job into 35 hrs/week
4:3-=5:30- Drive to SF
5:30-6:00- quick break before class starts- eat dinner packed in morning
6:00-10:00- CLASS
10:00-10:40- Drive like a mad woman back home to get some sleep
11:00PM-6:00AM- Sleep … ahh, sweet bliss :)
I know, it sounds insane.. and it is. Im supposed to look “fashionable” for school everyday, and its so hard to think under pressure- I have like 2 minutes to pick out my clothes. I think I should put some outfits together on the weekend, and then just hang up each outfit on a hanger, for easy grab’n’go!
Thus far we’ve learned mostly wet-styling including finger-curls, pin-curls, & roller- sets. This week we are practicing the above and learning braiding, corn rows and an easy up-do! I hope to be a master of the up-do, as I have many sisters left to get married. In fact, this whole hair school thing would be a lot easier if my sisters lived here, because then I could practice all of the time! So, if any of you want to come to California, you can be my hair model :)
We start cutting in 2 weeks (on mannequin heads), and by July I will be cutting on real people, yippee!!
XOXO
Eve
3 comments:
Man Eve, I really hope that you do not burn out. But then, you are the only person I know who could thrive on that kind of schedule. It will put a damper in your world travels though. I just made chocolate malt cookies and they are so good!
Serinda
What NO BAKING? You could make muffins in your car on the way to SF so when you get pulled over you can offer the cop some baked goods. Or throw them out your car window at stupid drivers which is something I would do.
Danielle
thanks for your help! did i ever mention how much i hate computers
Post a Comment