Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sister Celebration-

Last weekend my sisters Betina & Serinda came to California for a “Celebration of Serinda Trip”, sponsored in part by the Slave Lake Family Clinic--- and it was so much fun! On Friday we went shopping at the Gilroy outlets and shopped a’ plenty. Serinda bought lots of cute maternity clothes that show off her bump, and a ton of darling baby girl clothes from Carters’. Did you know that there are the cutest baby boy fireman clothes? When I have a kid, it will defiantly be dressed as a fire man. Betina said that I should just buy the outfit right now--Ha, I told her… no babies for me for many moons.

After shopping we got mani pedis at one of the many Asian sweatshops in California. It is just $25 for a mani/pedi, and they do a pretty good job- totally beats the $60 I paid for a pedicure only on my Hawaiian honeymoon cruise! Later that night we went shopping again, this time to my favorite store, Target. B & S both bought the cotton a-line skirt that I have- it’s so comfy you almost feel like you’re naked. Best $9.99 one can spend. We also looked high and low in several stores for a twirly dress for Abby. Did you know that there is a severe supply shortage of twirly dresses for little girls? We looked in at least 5 stores throughout the days’ shopping for such a dress- without luck! Serinda finally settled on some twirly PJ’s instead. I think someone could make some money if they resurrected the swirly twirly girly dress. We got home around 9:30pm, and Sean had yummy BBQ all ready for us to eat. What a sweetie.

On Saturday we went to SF to see the sights- although we were all pretty tired in the morning, so we weren’t in the most excited of moods. Plus, the SF traffic drives me crazy.. Luckily Sean was there to drive us around, thank goodness for husbands. We saw the golden gate bridge, Coit Tower, Fisherman’s warf & Union Square. Next we had Lunch at the Cheesecake factory at the top of the Macy’s in Union Square. We had a 45 minute wait, but spent most of the time in the Macy’s furniture dept on a big comfy yellow couch. The kind of couch that sucks you in and wont let you go… ahhhh sweet bliss. Everyone was really hungry, so I brought out a menu so we would all be ready to order once we got seated. Our waiter was really hot. Although, I didn’t say anything at the time, as not to offend my dear seamy-sean.. who is the hottest hottie of them all. We ordered my favorite appetizer, the corn boats, had our entrees and then dessert. Serinda wanted her very own piece of cheesecake- and she said that she could eat the whole thing by herself. I really didn’t believe her, bc the cheecakse factory desserts are HUGE—Amazingly, she did it! Wow… im so impressed by my tiny big sister dinno!! We also got a HUGE piece of yummy chocolate fudge layer cake that Betina, Sean and I polished off. Yum Yum.. I could go back everyday for a piece of that! Chocolate = Happiness.

We got home, giggled and napped for a couple of hours, and then headed to the movies, a glorious Payne Tradition. We love the movies- it was a chick flick “You me and Dupree” with Kate Hudsen and Owen Wilson. It was really cute- and Im sure Sean is happy he didn’t have to endure it with me. Afterwards we came home, relaxed, and hit the sack.

The weekend was over before I knew it, but we all had a great time. I love seeing my siblings. I love that I have so many of them, its like having 6 best friends.. You just cant beat it. If only my mom didn’t turn crazy raising us- I might be tempted to do the same. However, I would like to keep my sanity, so I will only have a couple of kids…. But we will have great cousins… so it might be close to the same thing—I can only hope.

Thanks for coming Betina & Serinda!! We must have an annual sister trip tradition!

XOXO
Eve

2 comments:

iris said...

Haha, I was just thinking about our SF trip and our visit to Coit Tower. That was hell on me!!!

Have you booked your ticket yet??

serinda said...

I had so much fun! And I am glad that I got to eat so much cheesecake. I always hate it when you are out for dinner with people, so you try to be all dainty and ladylike and share a dessert, when really, you want to eat the whole thing, and get secretly mad at the other person for eating so much of it, and then get sad about not getting the last strawberry. I will not live that way anymore!!!