Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dixie's 4th Birthday!!

Nevermind that this post is almost 2 months late...

My dear sweet baby Dixie turned 4 on Dec 8, 2013.  We had many celebrations for our little girl- her birthday just didnt end!

first off, an amazing first trip to Disneyland the first week of December! It was the BEST vacation our family has ever taken. I feared it would be stressful and LOTS of work for mom and dad... but it was neither.  The girls were awesome- we stayed at the park from opening until fireworks everynight. The girls ate it up. Dixie's favorite ride was the little mermaid in California land. Lucy's favorite ride was the horse carosol and Fish carosol. Neither of these were busy rides, so we just went on them over and over again.  Dixie also LOVED the beauty and the beast play. The actors were amazing, and she got front row seats in a very small theater.  The production quality was amazing.  The girls fell dead asleep in their bed each night- no fuss at all. It was all very exciting, and we hope to  make it an annual tradition until the girls grow tired of it!

Next we had a family birthday party at grandma and grandpa Werners house on her actual birthday- Dec 8.  We are so lucky to live near some of our family.. it makes birthday celebrations really special!

The following day, dixie's birthday was celebrated in her preschool class with cupcakes curtosy of moi.  I swear, one of my favorite parts of being a mom is bringing birthday cupcakes to my girls school.  It is something that I never got as a child, and I was always so envious of the other children that got this special luxury.  I just LOVE making a big deal of my girl's birthdays!

Finally, on Thursday we had a blow our friend party. It was a princess tea party, and we had 14 little girls dressed in their princess best. It was a blast!! All but one child whom was invited showed up. Usually i only get about a 40% attendance rate, so i was expecting more like 6 girls (which would have been much more managable). But, Sean and I made it through. We played lots of games, had a pinata (which by the way is the definition of birthday party for Dixie. If it doesn't have a pinata, its not a real birthday party... just ask her).  Dixie got a ton of awesome presents. The present opening part was quite funny.  As the guests ranged from 3 to 5, the younger ones did not want to relinquish their gifts to Dixie.... and tears were shed.  The grape "tea" in the real princess tea cups were a real hit. We couldn't refill fast enough!

What can i say about my sweet girl..

Dixie is-

intelligent, articulate, sweet, nice, a great friend, very social and charming.  She gets "love" notes sent home by her preschool teachers frequently.  I went to parent teacher interviews a couple of weeks ago, and her teachers had only praise. They said she was the perfect student. She always answers questions, asks thoughtful questions, and is a great little helper during clean up time and is friends with everyone.

I just love her. She is growing so tall with the most beautiful set of long legs you've ever seen.  She gets these from Grandma Werner, not me. She picks our her own outfits each morning, and does a great job of matching colors. She is usually monochromatic  (all purple, or all pink), because they "match"!

She is a budding artist. She colors me pictures daily... mermaids, our family, unicorns, panda bears.. whatever her little imagination can think up, she puts it to paper.   I need to keep a little binder with her best pieces. They really are so adorable! I throw far too many away... what to do with kid art?

She is an amazing big sister to Lucy. Lucy is a wild little rascal and is always running away and getting herself into trouble. Dixie is always quick to get me so i can "Save" lucy. She is always very worried when Lucy runs away. Its so endearing. Sister love.  She is not however ready to share her room with Lucy yet....

Dixie Do Da.. .you own my heart, and i get lost in your big green eyes and curly hair. I love you baby girl!


XO

Eve

1 comment:

Lindsey Heath said...

This is so cute. I love Dixie Do Da, what a great nickname:)