Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Toddlerhood



Dixie has quickly acclimated to toddler hood. There is nothing baby about this girl anymore, except for maybe the diapers... but even they have decreased substantially with the drop of the bottle.

Dixie has been picking up a lot of words... these are the words she is saying (that we can understand) thus far. Its really only been a week and she already says the following;

Nana (banana)
Dada (dad)
Mama (mom)
Bubble
Mo (More)
Ruf Ruf (what sound do doggies make?)
Ball
Ni-ni (night night)
No
Dis (this)

Dixe is up bright and early (6am) everyday and ready to go from the moment she wakes. She is super active and is always eager to start a new activity. Since each activity keeps her attentio for 5 or less minutes... this keeps us on our toes!

Dixie loves to bake with mommy. She puts on her own apron and has a special chair that she stands on to watch the baking process. she even gets her own little bowl with flour, water and a spoon to make a big mess with while mommy does the real baking.

Dixie loves to dance. Whenever music starts she starts grooving to the beat and usually puts her hands in the air, like she just don't care! We often have dance parties in our living room.

Dixie puts on lotion like her mom. She will sit for 15 minutes at a time pretending to lotion up her legs, arms and belly. I fear for the day when she figures out how to actually get the lotion out of the bottle. I foresee big greasy messes in my future.

Dixie plays with her baby doll and smothers her with blankets. She feeds her a bottle and carries her around, patting her back (like a burp). I hope she is this good with Lucy... less the smothering part of course.

Dixie is a social butterfly. She just loves playing with other kids and just beams the moment she realizes that we're having a play date. There is a family with 2 girls (2 and 4) that live in our complex. Whenever I hear them outside playing, I take dixie outside to join them. This is a great way to kill an hour in the middle of the day without destroying the house!

Finally, Dixie just loves to read. Or rather, be read to. We read stories at least 3 times a day, and at least 3 books each time. She has her favorite books which generally change each week, so i end up reading the same book for a week straight. Right now her favorites are the Potty book and the Jungle book. She even knows what snakes say.. " Ssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee". She usually kisses every page in the book. She is a little love bug. Seriously she is pure sweetness. At a birthday party we attended, I was helping her hit the minnie mouse pinata, and she was so distraught about hitting minnie mouse that she burst into tears. This girl is nothing but love.


Well... only 3 days till D Date. Any bets on when Baby lucy will come? Sean is hoping for tuesday so he can get a few more days of work in and save some vacation time (for a real vacation, rather than baby bootcamp).... while I am a little sick of being a pregnant elephant that cant touch my toes and I cant wait to start weight watchers.

XOXO

Eve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dixie is so sweet. I can't wait to play with her this summer. It is so great that she loves reading. I remember reading to Abby while nursing Mina, and that was a life saver. And special time for Abby too, in the thick of baby boot camp. I bet Lucy will come right on her due date!
serinda