Friday, March 11, 2011

Align Center

15 months (and ready to start working off the baby fat!)

Dixie Mae is 15 months! Wowzers! That means only 3 more months until she is a big sister! Unfortunately, Dixie has spent a lot of her 15th month on earth with a runny nose, and coughing herself awake at night. I’ve taken her to the Dr. several times and each time they send me away empty handed. It is times like this I wish I lived in Canada-land, where medicines are much easier to attain through certain sources. However it hasn’t been all bad. Just night time mostly…. which I guess is my “physical training” for Baby Lucy’s big arrival.




Dixie wearing Daddy's shorts like a toga

Here are a few of the fun developments month 15 has brought us:

Dixie knows the sign for “more”, thanks to our good friend Jenny who watched her for a day. She uses this all of the time. We went to Costco and she wanted “more” of everything that was in the cart. Blueberries, oranges and Go-gurts. Let’s just say that she was a sticky mess by the time we got to the register.

Dixie just loves books. She brings us multiple books a day to read to her. She always does her barking dog sound when we read the doggie book, and she always kisses the babies when we read the baby face book.

Dixie spontaneously started using utensils! We were at the Olive Garden enjoying endless soup, salad & breadsticks, and she just grabbed my soup spoon and started feeding herself her kids pasta dish! It was the cutest thing ever, I just sat there in awe. I’ve been giving her utensils ever since at her meals, and while she is a little clumsy, and more things are on the floor than in her mouth, she is totally getting the hang of it! I’m one proud mama!



Dixie climbs into and on top of everything!

Dixie used to hate having her shoes on. She would immediately take them off the moment we put them on her feet. These days though, she associates “shoes” with “outside”, because we usually head outside right after we put on her shoes. So many times during the day now, I will catch her sitting in a corner struggling to put on her shoes. Or she will go get them, bring them to the front door and sit down in front of the door to “put them on”. She hasn’t gotten the hang of actually getting them on her feet, but she knows the concept. Such a little smartie pants!

Finally, Dixie LOVES going down the slide all by herself at the park. She used to love the swings, but now she hates the swings and would rather wander around the park, climb up all the stairs and go down the slide like a big girl. Once she gets to the bottom of the slide she usually claps her hands. Again, a darling girl.

Well, that’s about it. She goes to the Dr. today for her 15 month check up and immunizations.

I’ll have Sean post some recent pics later today.

XOXO
Eve

2 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Rob and I think she looks just like Sean in these pictures. Cute update.

Anonymous said...

I love Dixie's photos! She is such a cutie. I would also love to see your baby belly!
Serinda