The first 6 weeks of her little life were brutal. I refer to them as “baby bootcamp”. She was breaking us in from being swinging single’s to having a 24/7 responsibility. It was a little overwhelming at first, but luckily Sean took 3 weeks off work, so I was not alone. I’m not sure how the mother’s whose husbands only take a few days off do it. Dixie has the best daddy ever!
Her personality started to really show at 3 months, and it’s been a progression ever since. It’s been so fun watching her learn new skills, and watching the wonder in her eyes when she looks around outside. She loves all of the birdies flying in the sky, she loves touching the different textures of tree bark, and she loves animals of any kind. I think she even likes the spiders. There was a little one crawling on the bathroom floor the other night and she was just watching it in wonder.
Dixie is a social little girl. She plays with her little Friend Graham twice a week while I work, and has a ball. I miss her a lot, but I know she’s in good hands and is having fun.
These are her most recent accomplishments- in her 12th month of life:
1) Dixie is pretty much off of pureed baby food. She much prefers to feed herself over spoon feeding. She LOVES bread. Her favorite foods are spaghetti and pizza. She also loves ice-cream. But don’t worry, we also feed her lots of healthy stuff too.
2) Dixie loves to drink out of a straw. Her big chubby cheeks look oh so cute when she does this, with her puckered lips and button nose. I need to take a picture so I can always remember how cute she looks drinking from a straw.
3) Dixie loves to tear apart the apartment. Her favorites are to take all of the books off of the lower 2 shelves, and emptying out the bottom drawers of the fridge. I keep the apples and potatoes in those drawers, so there are always tiny bite marks. Cutest thing ever! I remember Nunu and Bunny doing this same thing. I’m sure there will always be a tiny bite in my apple for the next few years, but I Love it!
4) Dixie users her pointers all of the time. She points at everything. I should probably start saying the word of whatever it is she is pointing at so she can start to learn words. For now though, she gets along just fine with her little pointers.
5) Dixie has 7 teeth. 4 on top and only 3 on the bottom. I thought teeth always grew in pairs, but I guess not! Hopefully shes not missing a tooth.
6) Dixie is 88% for Height and 35% for weight. Shes currently 19.5Lbs. Cant wait for her to hit 20lbs so i can switch out her carset. Hopefully she’ll be a great volleyball player and can go to university on scholarship!
7) Dixie is smart. Whenever her daddy is eating a treat she crawls next to him, climbs up his legs and points directly at the treat. The girl knows what she wants! The other night he tried to hide his pastry from her and she got so angry. Little girls angry are so cute! Hopefully its still cute as a terrible 2.
8) Dixie has started to cruise along furniture, but no walking yet. I don’t mind though.. I’m sure she’ll be even harder to keep up with once the walking starts. I’m also pretty sure she’ll never let me pick her up once she starts walking, because she loves to do things herself. Very independent just like her mommy.
9) Dixie has the cutest giggle in the entire world. She really makes you work for her giggles though. You pretty much have to think of something she’s never seen before to make her laugh. You can’t just pull old tricks out of the bag, it has to be new!
10) Dixie loves to clap, clap, clap! Whenever there is applause on TV (like at 3pm when she watches Glenn Beck with her daddy), she automatically starts to clap. She also usually claps instead of waves. She knows how to wave…I think she just prefers to clap.
Dixie’s birthday party is on Saturday. Im so excited! We’re getting sprinkles cupcakes and lots of yummy appetizers. I’ll be sure to post some birthday pictures next week.
XOXO
Eve




5 comments:
Happy 1st Birthday Dixie!
Happy BD to Dixie! I love the photos and I love little bite marks out of apples. The kids are all oohing and aahhing over her pictures and they can't wait to take the Dixie Giggle Challenge.
stop! My heart is melting!!!
SO CUTE!!!
The only thing cuter than Dixie Mae is your total adoration for her. Love reading about your love Eve. :)
Post a Comment