So, maybe there is a little bit of mom in me after all. My mom LOVES garage sales. She goes religiously every Saturday morning around 8am in the summer time. She usually buys things that she already has 5 of, but because they are such a “great deal”, she just can’t seem to pass anything up. She buys up everything she can find that is at least 30 yrs old. One summer I rounded up all of her old school vacuums, and found about 12 of them, four of which actually worked (well sort of worked). Anyways… the point is my mom loves garage sales and so do I.
The only difference is that I do my treasure hunting on Craigs Lists. I love it. People in the Bay area buy really high end stuff and then move 3 yrs later and sell it for 25% of the original cost. Its sooo crazy the stuff I’ve found. My most recent purchases include:
Crate and Barrel mango wood dining table w/chairs.
Crate and Barrel distressed Mahogany Queen bedframe and matching Armoire
Crate and Barrel 7ft chocolate brown leather sectional.
We’re pretty much getting rid of all of our old stuff (also purchased on Craigs list 4 yrs ago) and replacing it with new Craigs list finds. Craigs list is sooo much fun too… the good stuff goes really fast so you have to monitor the listings religiously. Then when something new is posted, you must email asap and then find a way to get over there to see the item that day. Sometimes this means taking a sick day, sometimes this means missing a family dinner. Sacrafices must be made!
The golden rule of Craigs list is that the first one to show up with the cash gets the prize…. Even if the seller has basically promised it to you! This happened to me with a restoration hardware coffee table going for $100 (an insanely great deal). I was just about to leave to pick it up and then I called her for directions and she said she just sold it. I was bummed…. But it makes the thrill of the hunt that much better when you are victorious in the battle of the craigs list’s fittest.

4 comments:
Great sofa!
but will it be as comfortable as the old one? :) jk. Looks great! I want to see pics of the other things!!
I could learn a thing or two from you. I love deals too! However, I'm not religious at online shopping even. :(
Wow. That is an amazing sofa. I never knew Craig's List was so wonderful.
Post a Comment